Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
MN
I'm having trouble deciding what my next computer will be. I am trying to decide between these:

1. Refurb iMac
  2. Refurb Mac Mini
  3. Base 21.5" mid 2011 iMac for $800

I will be using the entire Adobe suite, a bit of FCPX, and I want to be able to do some gaming. I know the Mac Mini doesn't have a discrete graphics card, but I don't know how much that would play into what I'm doing. Which would suffice for my needs? I'm using a base mid 2010 MacBook Pro that currently does all of this, it's just time for an upgrade. Any suggestions? :confused:

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Either way if you're going with a Mac mini you definitely should wait for the Haswell updates. The Intel Iris integrated graphics is much improved over the previous generation.

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
MN
Either way if you're going with a Mac mini you definitely should wait for the Haswell updates. The Intel Iris integrated graphics is much improved over the previous generation.

But that wouldn't affect the refurbs other than prices probably.

iMac if you want to do some gaming. Unless by gaming you mean solitaire.

A little more than solitaire ;) Probably more of some steam/origin games.

d88co88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
MN
How would the Mac Mini's Intel graphics compare to my current laptop's NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 256 MB?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.