Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
Having owned the 5s for almost a week I really don't think I'd like a bigger screen. It's a beautiful handset, fits nice in the hand and pocket, and I can navigate the screen from top to bottom with my thumb. Is bigger better?

J2funny

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2013
I like the size of the screen. Apple is doing just fine with the way the screen size is now and it's a perfect size

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
If you don't want one, fine. But I sure do, and so do countless others. It's subjective.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
If Apple can increase the screen size but keep the length and aspect ratio the same and only increase the width slightly, I'm down. :cool:

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
I would not mind of Apple offered a larger screened iPhone. It would not surprise me. Gone are the days when you only have one choice for a new iPhone!

I love my 5S but who knows.

Choice is always better.

tonnyvd

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
I seriously doubt apple will just replace the iPhone with a bigger version if they do a larger iPhone which seems inevitable at this point I'm pretty sure they will do it in addition to the current size as an option just like they did with the iPad

Cutecynic

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2013
Strictly my opinion

The 5s is my first iPhone. I'm coming from a gs3. Fiveish inches. One hand operation not easy. A lot of phone tilting to reach stuff. You will lose the ability to switch between apps easily. Big ol' cases if you use cases. The gs3 screen is nice but comes at a convenience cost.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Strictly my opinion

The 5s is my first iPhone. I'm coming from a gs3. Fiveish inches. One hand operation not easy. A lot of phone tilting to reach stuff. You will lose the ability to switch between apps easily. Big ol' cases if you use cases. The gs3 screen is nice but comes at a convenience cost.

I wholeheartedly agree. If they increase the width just ever so slightly and use a thinner bezel around the screen, they could get a decent sized screen on there while keeping "one-handed usability" relatively the same.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
1. 4 inch displays again for the iphone 6, and those below will hate it.

2. 4.3 inch displays, and those below will hate it.

3. 4.5 inch displays, and those below, and above will hate it.

4. 4.7 inch displays, and those below, and above will hate it.

5. 5 inch displays, and those...Well, you get the picture.

No matter what Apple introduces next year, the debates will be in full fever all over again, and it will never end.

By the way, I like what is offered today, and would not mind a 4.3 display if, and only if, Apple can do so with the very same form factor.

kiantech

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
yes apple needs to make a bigger screen. They can make two iphone sizes, not a huge deal, every other product they make comes in multiple sizes. Laptops, ipads, imacs.

Just because YOU don't want a bigger screen doesn't mean I do not. Also I prefer iOS over Android at this point, so "get an android" responses are immature and whiney.

Get over it, apple will make a bigger phone next year.

snarlz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2011
United Kingdom
yes apple needs to make a bigger screen. They can make two iphone sizes, not a huge deal, every other product they make comes in multiple sizes. Laptops, ipads, imacs.

Just because YOU don't want a bigger screen doesn't mean I do not. Also I prefer iOS over Android at this point, so "get an android" responses are immature and whiney.

Get over it, apple will make a bigger phone next year.

I've nothing to get "over" mate, just my opinion :)

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
No size is best for everyone so Apple makes the size that fits the most people.

Bingo..You hit it on the head. 57,000,000 million iphone 5's sold after about one year, and Apple understands what to build according to the masses, not to those vocal minority that want 5 inch phones. Didn't Tim Cook say a number of months ago, that Apple wanted a phone that could be used comfortably with one hand ? Yup, he did. ;)

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure the 6 will be bigger, however I think the C range will stay at the current size... Thus giving the two options and in theory, but not reality, keeping most happy.

happycamper515

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2013
One of the things that drew me to make the change from Android to iPhone is screen size. The bigger form factor of Android phones is not what I want in a phone.

Breitling65

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2011
Having owned the 5s for almost a week I really don't think I'd like a bigger screen. It's a beautiful handset, fits nice in the hand and pocket, and I can navigate the screen from top to bottom with my thumb. Is bigger better?

No for sure, if I need bigger I will use my iPad. It fits in pocket well, with case I could hold it fine. I just saw someone talking on Samsung Note, what a joke watching ipad mini size phone near to the head of someone :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.