Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xolmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
I managed to look into my system profiler and noticed that the ram that came stocked is pc2 4200 533mhz but i had them add additional ram before they sent it to me, but the extra ram in the system profiler says pc2 4200 - 444? is that 444 a sloer speed, and is that gonaa effect me being able to take advantage of the dual channel memory system, i was told that if you have the sam amount of ram in both slots that the ram bandwith creeps up to the powermac bandwith.

thanks, i hope i got the right stuff.

anybody, please reply

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
xolmusic said:
I managed to look into my system profiler and noticed that the ram that came stocked is pc2 4200 533mhz but i had them add additional ram before they sent it to me, but the extra ram in the system profiler says pc2 4200 - 444? is that 444 a sloer speed, and is that gonaa effect me being able to take advantage of the dual channel memory system, i was told that if you have the sam amount of ram in both slots that the ram bandwith creeps up to the powermac bandwith.

thanks, i hope i got the right stuff.

anybody, please reply
What do you mean by "creeps up to the powermac bandwidth"?:confused:
You got the right stuff. :)

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
xolmusic said:
If you ahve a PowerMac G5, you can only install RAM in pairs, so you have Dual-Channel by default. No other Mac that uses DDR-2 RAM supports Dual Channel.

The -444 in your system profiler refers to the Latency values of the module -- CAS Latency of 4 is accurate.

Note: Best if you tell us which model of Mac you have when posting

xolmusic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
I have an Imac g5/i sight

CanadaRAM said:
If you ahve a PowerMac G5, you can only install RAM in pairs, so you have Dual-Channel by default. No other Mac that uses DDR-2 RAM supports Dual Channel.

The -444 in your system profiler refers to the Latency values of the module -- CAS Latency of 4 is accurate.

Note: Best if you tell us which model of Mac you have when posting

So the "-444" in the description of the ram has nothing to so with the speed as in 533mhz?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.