Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:34 PM   #1
douglas
macrumors member

Project Management Software for OSX?

I'm looking for project management software for my Mac similar to MS Project (preferably simpler), to be used for project and construction scheduling. I have used MS Project via Virtual PC in the past, but this was complicated and a less than elegant solution. any sugestions would be much appreciated.
douglas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:37 PM   #2
PlaceofDis
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas
I'm looking for project management software for my Mac similar to MS Project (preferably simpler), to be used for project and construction scheduling. I have used MS Project via Virtual PC in the past, but this was complicated and a less than elegant solution. any sugestions would be much appreciated.
Entourage/Office 2004 has a Project management integrated into it. might be worthwhile to check out.
PlaceofDis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:39 PM   #3
DXoverDY
macrumors 6502a

i'm not sure if this is something worth looking into or not. But BaseCamp is pretty nice, it may not have the features you're looking for though.

http://www.basecamphq.com
DXoverDY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 05:12 PM   #4
BornAgainMac
macrumors 601

MS Project Clone
BornAgainMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 06:40 PM   #5
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas
VersionTracker is your friend. MacUpdate will also give a hand.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 02:57 PM   #6
douglas
macrumors member

Thanks. I'll give these a try. Please let me know if anyone has had experience with construction scheduling with any of these programs.
douglas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:18 AM   #7
JackieMB
macrumors newbie

Surprised there was no response

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas View Post
Thanks. I'll give these a try. Please let me know if anyone has had experience with construction scheduling with any of these programs.
A software program that works well for scheduling construction projects is FastTrack Schedule. It is a cross-compatible application (runs on Macs and Windows). The founder of the company is actually a project manager and has worked on many types of construction projects around the world. One of his reasons for having the program developed was because there were no tools that did what he had to do by hand.

If you haven't discovered FastTrack Schedule yet, I recommend it. I've used it for more than 25 years now. I love how it is compatible with all kinds of applications (including Microsoft Project and Excel), so that I can share my schedules with other people.

They've also come out with an iPad app that's been great for analytics and presentations, as well as... being able to use their Omit feature to give my employees the parts of the schedule that apply to them (they don't need the whole thing).

www.aecsoftware.com

Last edited by JackieMB; Oct 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: forgot to provide the URL of the application
JackieMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:39 AM   #8
oxfordguy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas View Post
The two main serious Mac applications for project management (both of which can import/export MS Project files) are:

* Merlin 2: http://www.projectwizards.net/en/merlin/
* Omniplan 2: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omniplan/

Both have demos available to download.

Omniplan 2 is a little easier to use, Merlin 2 is more heavyweight, it depends what your needs are. I prefer Omniplan.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:02 AM   #9
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Please note, this thread is from 2005, I think most of the original posters have died from old age already. Looks like JackieMB is just an employee out to post as much as they can about FastTrack, resurrecting such an old post with a reply like that seems like it.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:11 AM   #10
DoctorCrap
macrumors regular

Send a message via Skype™ to DoctorCrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonGlitch View Post
Please note, this thread is from 2005, I think most of the original posters have died from old age already. Looks like JackieMB is just an employee out to post as much as they can about FastTrack, resurrecting such an old post with a reply like that seems like it.
I was just about to respond to this thread. Good thing I realized this.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 08:31 PM   #11
JackieMB
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonGlitch View Post
Hi- I don't work for FastTrack. I'm new to MacRumors and I didn't realize it was an old thread.
JackieMB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 04:03 AM   #12
bdrake47
macrumors member

Simpler than MS Project, but elegant interface.

Granted, it's an 8 year old thread, but seems some new info is helpful.

I've been using this one for a while now, very nice design, follows core PM principles, but much more simplified.

xPlan
bdrake47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store