Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
RtyEwgp.png
Credit of the idea (at least, where I found it) goes to Thierry ba

Hi there, the person above posted a unique lock screen wallpaper in the iOS 7 Screenshots thread. It showed the home screen with its icons and wallpaper, blurred in the iOS 7 style, with a white Apple logo on top. It was an interesting concept.
I've since had a go at making some and received many requests in that thread. OafTobark suggested that I make a thread for requests, so here I am. See below for examples.

NOTICE: nikandriko has created an online system that will make a pretty decent version. It's only Parallax and the blur isn't *as* neat, but has the apple logo options and all. You're still welcome to request in here, and I do both Parallax and non-Parallax as well as specific requests.
Blurred Wallpaper Generator
Mobile Interface Blurred Wallpaper Generator

To help speed up the process, it would be great if you could provide me with:
  • The original wallpaper image
  • An image of your icon layout on a contrasting background. What I mean by this is a background, as simple as possible, that is different in colour to the majority of your icons. The simple gradiented wallpapers provided in iOS 7 are good enough. This makes cutting out your grid much easier.
  • Specific details as mentioned below. For parallax to work I need to create a larger image overall, or the grid will look out of proportion (unless you have it turned off!).

NOTE: I see sometimes people are requesting both here and in the larger wallpaper request thread. I don't have any problems with the people that do good work in the wallpaper request thread, but it ends up being a waste of time for one of us if you request in both threads. Thanks.

If you will, please follow this format:

Code:
[B]Original wallpaper:[/B]
[B]Home screen[/B]:
[B]Parallax[/B]: (Yes/No)
[B]Blur:[/B] (Describe level of blur, see examples)
[B]Apple logo:[/B] (Yes/No/Specify Colour)

For those of you that have Photoshop and would like to try this, here's a set of instructions:
Sheza said:
1) Have ready the parallax sized clean wallpaper, and a screenshot of your lock screen. If you don't have parallax sized wallpaper, just enlarge it to fit the parallax resolution of 744x1392.
2) Cut out the icons from your grid. I do this by magic wand / lassoing everything around the icons. You should end up with a clean grid of icons with a transparent background. Paste this onto the clean parallax wallpaper.
3) Apply a Gaussian blur in the region of 10-25 depending on preference, to the grid layer and the background layer (if your background is more complicated than a simple gradient).
4) Optionally add a white Apple logo (get it from the net, cut it out). Pasting it from one document to another should place it slap bang in the middle.

P.S. How useless is the CODE function? I thought the whole point is that BB code doesn't affect what is in CODE tags.

Attachments

• ProjectOadtobark_3.png
    ProjectOadtobark_3.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 4,589
  • Projectsird28.png
    Projectsird28.png
    839.8 KB · Views: 7,550
  • Defender_wall3.png
    Defender_wall3.png
    670 KB · Views: 2,396
Last edited:

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA
Credit of the idea (at least, where I found it) goes to Thierry ba

Hi there, the person above posted a unique lock screen wallpaper in the iOS 7 Screenshots thread. It showed the home screen with its icons and wallpaper, blurred in the iOS 7 style, with a white Apple logo on top. It was an interesting concept.
I've since had a go at making some and received many requests in that thread. OafTobark suggested that I make a thread for requests, so here I am. See below for examples.

To help speed up the process, it would be great if you could provide me with:
  • The original wallpaper image
  • An image of your icon layout on a contrasting background. What I mean by this is a background, as simple as possible, that is different in colour to the majority of your icons. The simple gradiented wallpapers provided in iOS 7 are good enough. This makes cutting out your grid much easier.
  • Specific details as mentioned below. For parallax to work I need to create a larger image overall, or the grid will look out of proportion (unless you have it turned off!).

If you will, please follow this format:

Code:
[B]Original wallpaper:[/B]
[B]Home screen[/B]:
[B]Parallax[/B]: (Yes/No)
[B]Blur:[/B] (Describe level of blur, see examples)
[B]Apple logo:[/B] (Yes/No/Specify Colour)

For those of you that have Photoshop and would like to try this, here's a set of instructions:

P.S. How useless is the CODE function? I thought the whole point is that BB code doesn't affect what is in CODE tags.

Parallax No
Blur: Not that Blurred
Apple Logo Yes
IMG_1766.PNG

IMG_1752.JPG

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
Transparent LS Wallpaper Requests

Could you do mine? With the apple. Thank you!!
2a7ezybu.jpg
a7u5umyr.jpg

Parallax no
Blurred
Apple yes

Also is it possible to get a copy of whichever wallpaper was used in this one? I'd like to use it for another blurred shot.
byqe7ana.jpg

Last edited:

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Would anybody be so kind to do a blurred version of the default iOS 7 home screen (default space wallpaper and default home screen layout) without the apple logo?
Thanks in advance.

Cobra611

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2012
Beacon, NY
Looks GREAT!!!

If I understand correctly (and I usually do NOT), is this all you need?

Parallax...YES
Blurred...YES...50% I suppose
Apple...OF COURSE!!!!!
Please let me know if you need anything else form me! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• homescreen 1.JPG
    homescreen 1.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 627
  • homescreen 2.PNG
    homescreen 2.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 598

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
I've downloaded all the materials I need for the requests so far. I've got college in a bit, so won't be able to do any for another 10 hours or so. Happy to do them though.

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I've downloaded all the materials I need for the requests so far. I've got college in a bit, so won't be able to do any for another 10 hours or so. Happy to do them though.

Take your time pal. We are not in hurry. :)

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Would anybody be so kind to do a blurred version of the default iOS 7 home screen (default space wallpaper and default home screen layout) without the apple logo?
Thanks in advance.
Hi there, could you give me the preferences (Parallax? How much blur?)

Parallax No
Blur: Not that Blurred
Apple Logo Yes
Attached.

Parallax no
Blurred
White Apple logo
Attached

Could you do mine? With the apple. Thank you!!ImageImage

Parallax no
Blurred
Apple yes

Also is it possible to get a copy of whichever wallpaper was used in this one? I'd like to use it for another blurred shot. Image
Attached (all 3).

Hi there - for some reason dropbox is being awkward at my college and won't load. Can do later or now if you upload them here as attachments.

Looks GREAT!!!

If I understand correctly (and I usually do NOT), is this all you need?

Parallax...YES
Blurred...YES...50% I suppose
Apple...OF COURSE!!!!!
Please let me know if you need anything else form me! Thanks in advance!
For future reference, using a cleaner background temporarily for the screenshot would have made things easier. Regardless, it's attached.

Have a ridiculous amount of 'free periods' (where they stick you in a room and get you to do work, not exactly free) this morning so I'm able to do some. (If I actually had work to do, don't worry, I'd be doing it).

Okay attachments also don't work (College PCs force Internet Explorer, go figure). Here is a link to a SkyDrive folder where (hopefully) you can download them. Just find yours.

http://sdrv.ms/1gmk73G

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Here you are :)

Attachments

• 2013-10-08 02.59.07.jpg
    2013-10-08 02.59.07.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 496
  • 2013-10-08 02.55.36.jpg
    2013-10-08 02.55.36.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 2013-10-08 02.17.56.png
    2013-10-08 02.17.56.png
    672 KB · Views: 508
  • 2013-08-15 18.11.53.jpg
    2013-08-15 18.11.53.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 569

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Here you are :)

For some reason, Photoshop at college is now refusing to save, create, blur or pretty much do anything apart from open itself. I've added the first one to the Skydrive folder, but will have to do the second at home.

tayshon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2009
Philly, PA

Attached.

Attached

Attached (all 3).

Hi there - for some reason dropbox is being awkward at my college and won't load. Can do later or now if you upload them here as attachments.

For future reference, using a cleaner background temporarily for the screenshot would have made things easier. Regardless, it's attached.

Have a ridiculous amount of 'free periods' (where they stick you in a room and get you to do work, not exactly free) this morning so I'm able to do some. (If I actually had work to do, don't worry, I'd be doing it).

Okay attachments also don't work (College PCs force Internet Explorer, go figure). Here is a link to a SkyDrive folder where (hopefully) you can download them. Just find yours.

Thanks

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
For some reason, Photoshop at college is now refusing to save, create, blur or pretty much do anything apart from open itself. I've added the first one to the Skydrive folder, but will have to do the second at home.

Sure take your time :)
Many thanks for the magic.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Parallax: Yes
Blur: Yes
Apple Logo: Yes, White

Keeping it simple, no icons in background.

Attachments

• Parallax-Earth.png
    Parallax-Earth.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 938
  • Parrallax-GrayDay.png
    Parrallax-GrayDay.png
    545.2 KB · Views: 972

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Parallax: yes

Blur: third example

Apple logo: one with and one without (if it's not too much if a bother)

Thanks again for doing these. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 543

brunofs8

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2012
Porto Alegre, Brazil
Parallax: Yes
Blur: Third Example
Apple logo: one with and one without (if it's not too much if a bother)

Attachments

• iOS7Wallpaper_zps9b204600.png
    iOS7Wallpaper_zps9b204600.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6,295
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    762.2 KB · Views: 388

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011

Attached.

Attached

Attached (all 3).

Hi!
Yeah, please include the parallax effect. For the blur, maybe a 30% will do.
Thank you!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Not *quite* as good as yours with the icons zoomed out (looks great), but one thousand times quicker: ;)

Here is a Photoshop action I made yesterday that automates the process, and even saves it as a jpg for you in one click:

me said:
I have created a Photoshop action for creating these blurred wallpapers. If anyone would like to try it (not 100% if it works for other people), please download it below.

Download

Here is how to use Photoshop actions: http://www.howtogeek.com/59288/how-to-save-share-download-and-install-custom-photoshop-actions/

Thought it may help some people who could wanted to do it themselves.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Not *quite* as good as yours with the icons zoomed out (looks great), but one thousand times quicker: ;)

Here is a Photoshop action I made yesterday that automates the process, and even saves it as a jpg for you in one click:

Thought it may help some people who could wanted to do it themselves.
Indeed, thanks for posting that. There's only a few things to note about the action:
It doesn't work well with the parallax effect
The level of blur sometimes still reveal app labels, which I cut out in my method because I believe it makes the home screen look too busy
It blurs everything at once, whereas I apply a discretionary blur to the wallpaper and icons separately.
Aaaand for some reason there's a text layer with a giant 'X' in it. I assume this is supposed to be the apple icon, if I had one on PC. :)

Gonna do some now.

Sure take your time :)
Many thanks for the magic.
I've done two different versions for this, they're slightly different. In the first one, the 'dock' gradient bar is still in the background, creating a more 'realistic'. The second one is just like I have been doing before, with the bar removed, so it is just the icons on the background. Let me know which one you prefer, though of course because of the blur there is really minimal difference.

Attachments

• astoxos_wall2_ver1.png
    astoxos_wall2_ver1.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 406
  • astoxos_wall2_ver2.png
    astoxos_wall2_ver2.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 409
  • brunowall.png
    brunowall.png
    747.8 KB · Views: 390
  • brunowall_apple.png
    brunowall_apple.png
    738.2 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.