Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
The problem is not exclusive to the iphone 5s as has been the case around here.

A lot of iphone 5c's including mine, are inaccurate.

Easiest way to notice it is when you try to get a panoramic photo… while you are rotating the device the arrow does all sorts of crap and the photo ends up a mess…

Given the fact that both iphone 5s and iphone 5c are experiencing this problem, I believe this is a good indication that we are dealing with a software issue rather than a hardware issue, especially since people thought it was the M7.

And yes i have tested my iphone 5c with my iphone 4s which is working perfectly fine and reads everything excellent. The 5c is almost always -2 degrees off, and as I said, taking a panoramic shot is … horrible…

I think apple is going to fix this in a future firmware…at least i hope they do, or I am demanding a replacement.

chumawumba

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Ask the NSA
The problem is not exclusive to the iphone 5s as has been the case around here.

A lot of iphone 5c's including mine, are inaccurate.

Easiest way to notice it is when you try to get a panoramic photo… while you are rotating the device the arrow does all sorts of crap and the photo ends up a mess…

Given the fact that both iphone 5s and iphone 5c are experiencing this problem, I believe this is a good indication that we are dealing with a software issue rather than a hardware issue, especially since people thought it was the M7.

And yes i have tested my iphone 5c with my iphone 4s which is working perfectly fine and reads everything excellent. The 5c is almost always -2 degrees off, and as I said, taking a panoramic shot is … horrible…

I think apple is going to fix this in a future firmware…at least i hope they do, or I am demanding a replacement.

Well ****

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
There is already a 1000+ post thread on this :)

please provide the link... because i am talking about the iphone 5c not iphone 5s and before opening this thread i did not find any threads regarding the 5c situation. In fact that 1000+ post thread claimed that the problem is exclusive to 5s devices and it sure isnt it seems.

tylerwatt12

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
As I said before. Since all these chips are made by a different manufacturer. It likely isn't a hardware issue. Just a firmware issue. Easily patched with an update.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
As I said before. Since all these chips are made by a different manufacturer. It likely isn't a hardware issue. Just a firmware issue. Easily patched with an update.

That is what I said as well. But there needs to be stressed that the problem is not exclusive to iphone 5s as it is sudgested in that "1000+ post" thread...

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Sorry didn't see it was the C. This is odd as many of us compared the 5s with the 5c in the stores and the S was all over the place and the Cs seemed fine.

That is what I said as well. But there needs to be stressed that the problem is not exclusive to iphone 5s as it is sudgested in that "1000+ post" thread...

tsteves

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
So, why so few people discussing the 5C? I always keep my iphone in a battery/case so I have no need for a fancy shell.
What percentage of 5C users are having issues?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.