Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

windnsea26

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
San Diego
I have been googling around but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I am getting ready to install the 10.9 GM but need Silverlight to work for the work I'm doing.

Thanks in advance

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Microsoft is vague about this. They say they support Firefox and Safari on OS X 10.5 and up. Which technically should include Mavericks. But does it work? I don't know. I had several using accessing work projects built on Silverlight during the Developer Previews. I have not tried the GM yet.

Edit: My suggestion would be to make a small partition and install GM on that. Test Silverlight for your work stuff. Then if it works, you can go back and upgrade your main partition.

nishanh

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
I have been googling around but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I am getting ready to install the 10.9 GM but need Silverlight to work for the work I'm doing.

Thanks in advance

Our users are complaining about access-denied messages when using the file-upload feature of our app in Safari 7 / OSX 10.9. Worked in Safari 6, still works with Firefox.

sou1 so1di3r

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
Silverlight doesn't work for me (2013 MBAir).

Simply cannot install silverlight. I think the issue is with a snippet of code within the installer. So if you had it installed previously it might be fine, but I didn't and you cannot "click" the install button.

nothing happens.:confused:

----------

well son of a...

it just worked.

I don't know, I swear it was not working last night.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.