Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cb911

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm going to get a gamepad soon, mostly for use with old Neo Geo games, stuff like Metal Slug and King Of Fighters.

i just wanted to hear some opinions on which gamepads are most compatible with Macs?

i guess the main thing i'm concearned about is that the buttons will be fully programmable, and that the thing won't be buggy in OS X or anything.

thanks for your opinions.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: Gamepads - which is good for Mac??

Originally posted by cb911
i'm going to get a gamepad soon, mostly for use with old Neo Geo games, stuff like Metal Slug and King Of Fighters.

i just wanted to hear some opinions on which gamepads are most compatible with Macs?

i guess the main thing i'm concearned about is that the buttons will be fully programmable, and that the thing won't be buggy in OS X or anything.

thanks for your opinions.

I think with MacMAME and HID support... you don't have to worry too much... as you can configure the buttons in MAME without specific drivers... so most USB game controllers should work... if I recall correctly.

I have a MacAlly iShock which works fine. pretty standard setup.

arn

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
Arn,
Any luck with the iShock under X?
I downloaden the drivers for X but it didn't work. Only with the newer iShock.

Gerror

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by gerror
Arn,
Any luck with the iShock under X?
I downloaden the drivers for X but it didn't work. Only with the newer iShock.

Gerror

yeah - works under MAME. I don't even think I needed to install drivers... I have Jaguar.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.