Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
I need to get one scene off of a DVD and edit out some parts of it, and then insert it into a powerpoint presentation for a class project. I have Final Cut to edit it, but how do I get the scene in a format that Final cut will recognize? Thanks!

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
BiikeMike said:
I need to get one scene off of a DVD and edit out some parts of it, and then insert it into a powerpoint presentation for a class project. I have Final Cut to edit it, but how do I get the scene in a format that Final cut will recognize? Thanks!
MacTheRipper will allow you to copy the DVD content to your computer. I would imagine that Final Cut would then be able to import the mpeg2 format. If not try HandBrake to get the information into a format that Final Cut will recognize

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
neocell said:
MacTheRipper will allow you to copy the DVD content to your computer. I would imagine that Final Cut would then be able to import the mpeg2 format. If not try HandBrake to get the information into a format that Final Cut will recognize

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.