Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thealvintran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
Does anybody know or have information about how the 5S batches are organized and grouped? Are they grouped by day of order, week, or what? Specifically, if I ordered the gold 16GB ATT on Sept 30, which batch am I in?

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Does anybody know or have information about how the 5S batches are organized and grouped? Are they grouped by day of order, week, or what? Specifically, if I ordered the gold 16GB ATT on Sept 30, which batch am I in?

Are you in Santa Monica?

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
Point one: You did not specific who you ordered from… Apple, your carrier or other…

Point two: No one knows!

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
Organized on a 10 layer polycarbonate shelf that is 4 stories tall,the gold ones are in boxes of 30 units with 10 boxes on a crate.If you multiply the day you purchased it by 2 then subtract 3 thats when you will get it so approx. 57 days. Batch 12 No for real though best bet would be to go to some of the other threads talking of order dates and when they got it and go from there or just assume it will be there shortly after apple said it would be shipping.

Last edited:

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
plenty of people if not more than half ordered on the 20th as did I and still have not received their gold iPhone 5s. you may wait a while.

thealvintran

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 28, 2013
So according to the estimated time Apple gave today, at least for the golds, it seems like all orders will be shipped in one or few batches of delivery date of Nov 1 or Nov 4.

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
3rd batch (mass production batch) is being made right now and queueing in storage for shipping. 1st and 2nd batches were made for initial launch at really low numbers. They had parts of 2nd batch go directly to 3rd party dealers that sell unlocked units so there were a bunch of those that got marked for sale. Realistically speaking, this is actually the 2nd batch that is shipping at the end of October. The first 2 batches were kind of like a staggered stage single batch. This might also be the reason for so many niggles in the first units out. Besides the PCBs that ship in the first batch, there are normally the most "book matching" errors in the first batch of iPhones since the manufacturing process is kinda hokey. I'm not a fan of the 5 design due to it's design inconsistencies and lack of simplicity to the actual design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.