Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaudhry747

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2013
Ordered an iPhone 5S Gold on October 21st and apple just updated following:

Processing Items Available to ship: October 24-28
Delivers: Nov 1 by Next Day Shipping

This is insane, 40 days :mad: to delivery an iPhone. What the hell.

acarney

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2007

See maybe if you can cancel if there are stock at a local store? I just was able to order a 64Gig Verizon Gold iphone for in instore pickup tomorrow. Looks at least on the west coast like a bunch of 64Gig gold CDMA models hit stores, almost every store in WA and OR have stock for tomorrow. A few 16Gig GSM phones too...

Keep an eye out and maybe see what your options are. Though, if you ordered with a discount, you might have to roll the dice and wait 24 to 48 hours AFTER you cancel for the discount to refresh with your carrier... I would figure you'll be able to snag one within a 2 or 3 hour driving range before Nov though, unless you've got no Apple stores in your state...

(I was ready to do a 3.5 hour drive at 4pm yesterday for a gold one but it got snagged out from under me as i was filling out the order sheet, thankfully a gold one showed up at a store 2 hours away for pick up tomorrow!)

appleofmyeye2

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2013

September 21st? And I got the same shipping date, but I order mine yesterday...I'm thinking you'll get it earlier than that...

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Apple, like most companies, has the mantra: Under-promise, over-deliver. My gold 5S, which I ordered at 3:01AM on 9/20, was one of the early shippers....the original estimated delivery date was September 30-Oct 2. I got mine on September 25.

They'd much rather be conservative with shipping estimates and get it to you early, than estimate aggressively and miss the window.

dragonjinse

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2013
Mine will deliver Nov 4!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't go to carrier stores and get it because I ordered the unlocked one.

WTH!

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia

You mean Sept 21st. Check out the local Apple store availability checker as well as places like Best Buy. I ordered my 32gb Gold Verizon on launch day and gave up on waiting for Apple to ship. After search / checking every night for 3days I was able to find 2 Apple stores within driving distances that had the Gold so I canceled my ordered reserved for store pickup. I got even more lucky by checking BestBuy local store stock and found a store only 25mins away that had 2 instock. Apparently someone did not come back to complain there order. So its possibly to find these phones if you look, beat waiting another 2wks

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Ordered a space gray on 9/30. Just got notification that it will arrive in 11 days. 11 days!!! And it's UPS! After looking at the tracking info, it was shipped from China. Never seen anything like that before. I thought usually Apple would bring their stock in-house, then they would ship to you from their US stocks and you would see a couple days to be delivered.

I guess this way they hope you will be more patient waiting for it to arrive because at least you know it was made (still steaming from the assembly line :D) and on it's way. :eek:

Tom2893

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Ordered my Gold 16GB on October 7th.

"Dispatch estimate: 24th-28th
Delivery: November 4th"

I don't mind waiting, I'll just use my iPhone 4 then get a new sim

Khedron

Suspended
Sep 27, 2013

That's not what "Next day shipping" means :rolleyes: :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.