Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
what do you recommend...

budget is £120

i listen to rap and r&b mostly

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Bowers & Wilkins C5's are very good (but a bit more expensive than what you have said you would like to spend); I used to have a pair of Bose IE2's and found them comfortable and good.

On this forum, I read a few posts which extolled the natural sound of 'Think Sound' products, and of course, then, there are the products from Shure, which come well recommended from anyone who has ever bought them.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Bowers & Wilkins C5's are very good (but a bit more expensive than what you have said you would like to spend); I used to have a pair of Bose IE2's and found them comfortable and good.

On this forum, I read a few posts which extolled the natural sound of 'Think Sound' products, and of course, then, there are the products from Shure, which come well recommended from anyone who has ever bought them.

have you tried them?
i was looking at them but they look uncomfortable...

I also heard that bose earphones are overrated

----------

Shure SE215.

i dont like earphones that go behind your ear, which is why i have ruled out the shures

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
If only I could find a set that don't fall out of my ears during an intense workout.

I can dream though...

(Right now my 'fix' is to use EarSkinz with the stock newer earbuds Apple supplies.)

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
What is so bad about IEM that go behind the ear? If they fall out of your ear, they won't fall on the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
i dont like the way the feel

i just prefer normal in ear earphones

Ok. To be honest, the Shure SE215 is king in this price range. So if you don't like it, then I don't know. Other IEM in this price range are inferior in my opinion so I can't recommended anything else.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
Sennheiser CX300ii - Good bass, sometimes a little overpowering, good mids and highs.

Klipsch S4 - less bass then the Sens, good all rounds sound for the price, i hate the cable though, stain relief needs work

Shure s215 - great bass, everything else is really good.

I own(ed) all of these. Lost my Shures, Klipsch finally gave out so bought the Sens.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2012
Sennheiser CX300ii - Good bass, sometimes a little overpowering, good mids and highs.

Klipsch S4 - less bass then the Sens, good all rounds sound for the price, i hate the cable though, stain relief needs work

Shure s215 - great bass, everything else is really good.

I own(ed) all of these. Lost my Shures, Klipsch finally gave out so bought the Sens.

how were the shures?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.