Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has clarified the shipping times for its iPhone 5s, with new shipping estimates ranging from two to three weeks for all carriers, colors, and capacities in the United States, Canada, and Asia Pacific. Apple Stores in Europe continue to list Apple's previous "October" shipping timeline.

shippingtimes.jpg
Taking into account delivery times, iPhones ordered today will arrive to customers in late October or early November.

The updated shipping time comes as Apple prepares to launch the iPhone 5s and the iPhone 5c to 35 new countries on October 25 and an additional 16 countries on November 1.

Though Apple's shipping times seem to have improved somewhat, a new study conducted by Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster reveals that in-store iPhone 5s availability has been slipping over the past two weeks. As a result, it is more difficult to reserve an iPhone for pickup, or walk into a store to purchase one, while previously, some models, such as Space Gray, were readily available.

Apple's iPhone 5s has been available in limited quantities since launch, selling out within a matter of hours after Apple began taking online orders. Gold and silver models in particular have been hard to come by, with supplies of the gold model in particular drying up within 30 minutes of the phone's launch. The iPhone 5c remains in stock, with new orders shipping out within 24 hours.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 2 to 3 Weeks

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
So, basically, shipping changed from sometime in October to sometime in October. Awesome reporting.

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
It's kind of annoying that I ordered on 9/22 and my estimated shipping date is no better than if I just ordered today. What happened to those three weeks?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Haha...that's what I was thinking. And, technically, 3 weeks means 1st week of November.

So, I guess this may actually mean shipping times are increasing. You know, I find it absolutely amazing there are 2-3x more 5S activations than 5c activations (depending on the source). Seems like you have better chance of finding a $100 bill on the ground than getting a 5S.

Conrad Joe

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2013
It's always the same. No matter how many Apple thinks they can sell, they end up selling lots more! LOL!

Finz72

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Are you kidding me ?? I ordered on launch day and I'll get my phone the same time that people who order today ?? Whats going on Apple ??? Horrible process !

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I'm really surprised most of you who ordered few days after released still haven't received your phones. I did an in-store order with Best Buy on Sep. 28 and got it in Oct. 4. :confused:

iAmRod

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
Ordered my Space Grey, 16GB from AT&T store on 9/26 and received it 10/3. Located East Coast, USA.

Go figure?! :D

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Ordered my Space Grey, 16GB from AT&T store on 9/26 and received it 10/3. Located East Coast, USA.

Go figure?! :D

Space grey is the absolute easiest color to get....

----------

Are you kidding me ?? I ordered on launch day and I'll get my phone the same time that people who order today ?? Whats going on Apple ??? Horrible process !

I'm sorry to hear that...

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
Oftentimes, a product’s design requires manufacturing to solve unreasonable problems. That’s the same as engineering a user interface design. Both are about just solving these crazy problems. But you never get a sense from Tim or from Jeff [Jeff Williams, Apple’s current operations chief] that there’s a question about why are we solving this. Why aren’t we taking an easy way out and sidestepping this problem? It is, “No, this is the right design, and we’re going to do things that no one else in the world has ever tried to do in order to get it right.”

I'm guessing Foxconn is having their hand full making these iPhones, with Apple not taking the easy way to manufacture the phone.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
This makes me happy because the more people own iPhone 5Ss, the more people can download my app (it requires the iPhone 5). :)

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I ordered a 64GB Silver 5S from AT&T on October 3rd and it shipped to me two days later. For the Gold 64GB, AT&T had a 28-42 business day shipping estimate - I was lucky to snag one of those via online reservation at an Apple Store... I would agree with the article that Apple Store stock has actually decreased in the past week though.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
I do have a question for most of you who ordered that haven't got theirs yet. Did you guys try the store checker/pick up option? I ordered my GF's 5S gold AT&T on 9/20 at 12:02am pst and immediately got my conformation email with a ship day of October 7-10th.
At 12:06am I ordered my 64gb silver 5S att with a ship date of 9/30. Total BS... On 9/23 when the store pickup option became available online (in the Bay Area California) I kept checking every 5 minutes and was able to locate,buy and pick up my phone and hers......with me canceling both online orders.

Are you guys in a position to check online for in store pick up through out the day? Both phones didn't show in stock until after 3pm pst. online.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
So, You know, I find it absolutely amazing there are 2-3x more 5S activations than 5c activations (depending on the source).
This just proves that most people will buy value over price. With all the constant crying on this list over the past several years about how expensive iPhones are, now that inexpensive iPhones are available, very few whiners will buy. As a result Apple has had to focus 100% of its advertising on the 5c in a attempt to get sales. This will likely steer Apple away from ever offering an inexpensive anything.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Ordered mine on 9/30. Just got the message today that it has been shipped and should be here in 11 days. 11 days...I wondered why would it take so long to ship a phone. Looked at the tracking info...it was shipped UPS today...from China!!! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.