Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
My list is very short

Combine Music and Movies to a single "Ipod" folder
Also Fix Artist grouping to not group every album together anymore.

What are some of yours, would love to see some before IOS5 if there are any.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
The artist grouping is one of my biggest wishes. Also, a more compact view of artists (ie. sans images).

That would be very nice indeed.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Ability to turn on/off flashlight while shooting video. Worked in iOS 4 and 5. Mysteriously removed in 6 and above..... And it was so useful!

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
The current calendar sucks. I hate the red and white color scheme

I really like the color scheme & general look of the calendar. I just REALLY miss the list view (the search list is "ok" but I'd rather the list be my default view when I first open the calendar).

Imac Sam

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2011
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Bring back the ability to have "find my Iphone" available under a 2nd Apple ID account. So that my entire group of family devices can be tracked at once. ....Yes, I know about find my friends.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
^
When I occasionally bounce back to using my 3GS, that is my favorite 'forgotten' feature.
IMG_0004_zps6891f774.jpg

bobbyappleseed

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
- Bring back the ability to add photos to a shared photostream directly from Photos app via sharing.

- Return to a black background in photo apps.

- Go back to compact notifications on the lock screen and pull-down. Too much white space in between lines and increased margins means you have to scroll more. This goes for the space above and below the clock on the lock screen

- Full screen album art on the lock screen when playing music

- Airplay IN the music app and play icon on the status bar

- Return to a stylish well thought out skin.

- Make the 'slide to unlock' area the only area that will unlock the phone. Many times I've pulled my phone out of my pocket to look at notifications but the phone is on the passcode screen.

I'm not saying keep it same as IOS6 but it's obvious the amount of time and effort that went into making IOS 7 as well thought as in the past was minimal. The contacts app is almost plain text as are other built-in apps. To me it's very boring and dull.

I'd be ok with the IOS 7 design but Apple should add some differentiation to text fields, menu bars, and tone down the colors of the icons to an 'adult' level.

Last edited:

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
The single pane notification centre with icons instead of endless scrolling to see what my day looks like. If I'd like them it to not day 'you have 2 appointments tomorrow' I want to friggin know what they are. I want icons for weather instead of an essay to read.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
When adding music to playlists, you used to be able to browse existing playlists and add music from them to the playlist you're editing.

Eg:

Create a workout playlist. Add songs from favourites playlist to workout playlist.

You can't do that now. You have to add from albums/songs/artists/etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.