Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
I use a 2007 Model iMac; With mountain lion a terminal command was available to enable the Airdrop feature on older macs.

Does that still work with Mavericks Installed? I installed GM and all seems well but the Airdrop don't seem to work any more.

Trying to do airdrop between iMac and macbook.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA
I don't think it will. Apple has gotten rid of many workaround so for things like the 2D dock, so I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't work either.

Snowshiro

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
With mountain lion a terminal command was available to enable the Airdrop feature on older macs.

Does that still work with Mavericks Installed?

Still works on Mavericks GM developers release.

Tested with:

• Mac Pro 1,1 (wired ethernet) running Mavericks
  • rMBP (wireless) running Mountain Lion

Both machines could see each other and transfer files in both directions after issuing the terminal command.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Still works on Mavericks GM developers release.

Tested with:

• Mac Pro 1,1 (wired ethernet) running Mavericks
  • rMBP (wireless) running Mountain Lion

Both machines could see each other and transfer files in both directions after issuing the terminal command.

Can you share the command to activate it; couldn't seem to find it...

activate

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces -bool TRUE

Then restart the computer. Repeat this tweak on every other Mac to which you want to transfer files via AirDrop, even if they are already compatible with AirDrop. Reboot each after making the tweak.

ParagJain

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces -bool TRUE

Then restart the computer. Repeat this tweak on every other Mac to which you want to transfer files via AirDrop, even if they are already compatible with AirDrop. Reboot each after making the tweak.

Thanks ..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.