Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Ive searched some threads, but I have not read anything similar to my issue. Ive just installed 10.9 on my 15" rMBP. Often I access mission control in 10.8 with the 3 finger swipe up, but without removing my fingers, I do a 3 finger swipe down to close mission control.

In mavericks, I can do the swipe up to open it, but the swipe down does nothing unless i take my fingers off and move them down from there. Is this a glitch? Or has this feature been removed from mavericks?

bwat47

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
Same here, only works if I move fingers off the trackpad before swiping down. MBA 2013. I don't find it to be a big deal though, you barely have to move your fingers off the trackpad and you can still do it just as quickly...

It feels pretty natural to me to move my fingers off the trackpad as I swipe up anyway.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I never noticed as I think I always used to lift my fingers off the trackpad when deactivating it. Not a big deal

Manic Harmonic

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2011
I noticed they did a lot of weird unnecessary stuff with the gestures in mavericks. When you do the give finger pinch for launchpad it looks weird because now launchpad and show desktop react differently. I do find the show desktop one entertaining though.

MeUnix

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2013
San Francisco
I never noticed you have to remove your fingers from the trackpad until I read this thread. I guess I've always removed my fingers a little from the trackpad when exiting Mission Control :p

I see where you're coming from about it being weird, especially if you're used to leaving your fingers on the trackpad.

Manic Harmonic

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, I'm kind of curious why they didn't. I also noticed that windows minimize more quickly... But not the other way around. Strange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.