Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Ryan Burgess
macrumors 6502

How to activate iPhone 5 iOS 6 without a SIM card?

Hi, I was recently given an iPhone 5 to sell for a friend but he has AT&T and I have Verizon. My problem is, I can't get past the iOS 6 activation because I don't have an AT&T sim to put in it.

I tried my verizon sim but it doesn't work, is there any way to get around this SIM card thing? I just want to be able to go to settings and see what version of iOS it's running. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Ryan Burgess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2013, 06:59 PM   #2
gCloud
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Burgess View Post
Hi, I was recently given an iPhone 5 to sell for a friend but he has AT&T and I have Verizon. My problem is, I can't get past the iOS 6 activation because I don't have an AT&T sim to put in it.

I tried my verizon sim but it doesn't work, is there any way to get around this SIM card thing? I just want to be able to go to settings and see what version of iOS it's running. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
don't think you can activate it.
iTunes usually tells the version of iOS but it may need to be activated for that I am not sure.
borrow a sim from someone.
gCloud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:14 PM   #3
scotrinaf
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Burgess View Post

I had a similar issue, try reloading the current software version 7.0.2 and see if that works: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/10/f...ror-ios-7.html

It worked for me...on an iPhone 5 - AT&T

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone