Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Hello,

I ordered a case and screen protector from the Spigen SGP Website on Tuesday October 8th. I got an email later that night saying that it shipped via USPS. It has not arrived yet and every time I check the tracking number, it says

"Electronic Shipping Info Received"

It says this and nothing else, and there is no progress or ETA for the package. Is this due to the government shutdown? Is the mail working? I wish they would fix the shutdown so I can get my iPhone case.

Last edited:

Allport1954

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Short answer:
No.

Long answer:
Spigen sends a shipment notification well before they actually ship the product. For my spigen product, I received a shipment notification and USPS tracking number 2 weeks before the product actually left the company's facility.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'd ask Spigen personally.

Then I'd check out what services are furloughed as a result of the shutdown.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Short answer:
No.

Long answer:
Spigen sends a shipment notification well before they actually ship the product. For my spigen product, I received a shipment notification and USPS tracking number 2 weeks before the product actually left the company's facility.

I have done business with them several times before, and every time I use the same free USPS shipping, and it always arrives within 2-3 days. This time, it seems stuck or something.

terzinator

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
US Mail is still being delivered.

USPS tracking is notoriously inaccurate and incomplete.

This we know, and lovingly embrace.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Is this due to the government shutdown? Is the mail working? I wish they would fix the shutdown so I can get my iPhone case.
The US Postal Service is operating normally*. The USPS is self supporting - that is it gets no money from the federal government and therefore is not affected by any issues with the US budget.

*At least what passes for running normally for the USPS.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
If the package tracking is off that's one thing, but I have not received the package. Something is amiss. I opened a "ticket" with SGP yesterday and have not heard back.

xlost6

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
NEVER and I mean NEVER order for the Spigen website. ALWAYS order through Amazon to get Spigen products.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I just spoke to a friend of mine who ordered something from a different website (totally different product) that is being delivered through USPS and also has the same problem. It might be the post office?

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I just spoke to a friend of mine who ordered something from a different website (totally different product) that is being delivered through USPS and also has the same problem. It might be the post office?

As stated before in this thread, USPS tracking is terrible. When i order from the states, regardless of the company, if they use USPS, the tracking sometimes has shown it's still in transit when i've actually had it in my hand for up to 2 days

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
USPS is still operating, they just happen to be an awful carrier.

And I too wish the gov't shutdown would end so I wouldn't be furloughed any further and get my normal paycheck........

<3 gov't slave who's waiting patiently for a case too

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
As stated before in this thread, USPS tracking is terrible. When i order from the states, regardless of the company, if they use USPS, the tracking sometimes has shown it's still in transit when i've actually had it in my hand for up to 2 days

I don't have it in my hand though, that's the problem. It's not the tracking I am concerned about, it's about whether or not the product did get shipped and is coming.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I don't have it in my hand though, that's the problem. It's not the tracking I am concerned about, it's about whether or not the product did get shipped and is coming.

You're not really paying attention to what people are saying in this thread.

Most companies, including Spigen, will sent out a shipping notification within a few hours of when you purchase it, even if the item itself hasn't shipped

USPS tracking is spotty and inaccurate.

Specifically what case was it? If it was something that was on backorder, it wouldn't ship right away anyway.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011

Most companies, including Spigen, will sent out a shipping notification within a few hours of when you purchase it, even if the item itself hasn't shipped

Specifically what case was it? If it was something that was on backorder, it wouldn't ship right away anyway.

It is the tough armor case, it said it was in stock.

bornjr

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2011
Virginia
Columbus Day today = USPS Holiday. This isn't good news for you either. I ordered mine from Amazon as well.......2 days shipping.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California

Spigen is known for generating a tracking number and not shipping the item. Several forum members have been really upset with this practice. It can take several weeks for the item to show up. The tracking numbers show no activity, until the actually ship the item. They either do not have it in stock and are taking the order/money first or they are just really unorganized.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
It is now Day 9, still no response from them. Tracking information says the same thing. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks

Prospekt

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2009
It is now Day 9, still no response from them. Tracking information says the same thing. Has anyone had this happen before?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. Ordered from spigen's amazon store (not sold or fulfilled by amazon). Email said shipped on the 11th but it's still at "Electronic shipping info received" and the expected date to arrive was 2 days ago. Also paid for expedited delivery.

Sent them one of those "where's my items?" emails through amazon and told them it is ridiculous that they send out shipping info and take our money without actually shipping the item on time.

GALAGA

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2013
vegas
crap i just bought something on ebay from spigen and I got the same message

you`ll get your item, i ordered from spigen via ebay too, they`re just overwhelmed with the high demand of their cases right now. But you`ll get them. :)

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Today is Day 11, no reply back via their website or email, no package yet, tracking still stuck saying that it has not been received.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.