Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkles61785

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Has anyone else realized that the analog clock icon on iOS 7 really works? Even the second hand works. This is such a cool little feature! :) Has anyone else found minor/non-publicized improvements in iOS 7?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There are lots of fun new features within iOS 7. Apple says over 200, but maybe more. Have fun with it and go exploring.

djtech42

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2012
Mason, OH
Fun fact: The clock hand moves smoothly on the home screen, but if you go into icon edit mode where the icons jiggle, the hand skips to each second in a choppy manner.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
A good rule of thumb is, if you think you've found something no one else has noticed in software that has been downloaded by millions of people in the past 30 days, someone else has already found it. And they noticed it within the first 48 hours. And they wrote about it before you on macrumors.

alice04

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2013
Has anyone else realized that the analog clock icon on iOS 7 really works? Even the second hand works. This is such a cool little feature! :) Has anyone else found minor/non-publicized improvements in iOS 7?

Yep, the analog clock has the right time as to your time on your apple device:)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Yep, the analog clock has the right time as to your time on your apple device:)

No way, really? The keynote wasn't lying? The OP wasn't lying? The guy who replied to him above wasn't lying either? Gee.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
anyone with some degree of good taste would have hidden that horrid clock icon somewhere where you'd never have to look at it again.

its a pointless feature because you have the time displayed in your status bar all the time anyway.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Nope. Just not up Apple's ass. I don't watch every second of the keynotes. I have a life.

Apparently not much of a "life" if you went on a Apple rumor website and created a new thread about a clock icon... :p

No need to be so defensive - it's just that on a geeky Apple site, people already found new features of the iOS 7 weeks ago when it was releases.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
How is the icon horrid? I need it on my home screen because I actually use the alarm feature.

It's horrid because it changed from what the dude was used to looking at. People can't handle change. The drama over iOS7 icons is hilarious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.