Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sariam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hello MRs, I am going to build an iMac, and I was wondering if apple would be apple and introduce a new iMac October 22? thanks!!

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
Hello MRs, I am going to build an iMac, and I was wondering if apple would be apple and introduce a new iMac October 22? thanks!!

An all new iMac a few weeks after a recently refreshed iMac line? Not to be snooty, but that's just not happening.

Only reason to wait now is to get an iMac with Mavericks pre-installed.

Jomasjc

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
An all new iMac a few weeks after a recently refreshed iMac line? Not to be snooty, but that's just not happening.

Only reason to wait now is to get an iMac with Mavericks pre-installed.

I'm hoping it won't matter and Apple are kind enough to give new iMac owners a free copy of Mavericks if it was purchased before release date. Not the end of the world if they don't, it'll only be $20.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
I'm hoping it won't matter and Apple are kind enough to give new iMac owners a free copy of Mavericks if it was purchased before release date. Not the end of the world if they don't, it'll only be $20.

While this will most likely be the case, many are waiting as the don't want to fiddle around with installing mavericks after they setup their machine.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
While this will most likely be the case, many are waiting as the don't want to fiddle around with installing mavericks after they setup their machine.
It's usually a pretty simple and easy process. Click next and agree a couple of times and you're done.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN

If I remember correctly, Apple gives free OS X upgrades to people who purchased a Mac one month before the next OS X is released.

----------

Apple released the late-2013 Haswell iMacs early this month. It doesn't make sense for them to release a new one in the same month. Besides, they have never done this in the history of Apple.

If they released a new one 7 months later, I wouldn't even bat an eyelid. They've done it before (back in 2011 with the Sandy Bridge MBPs) and the iPad last year.

MacOG728893

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2010
Orange County CA
It's usually a pretty simple and easy process. Click next and agree a couple of times and you're done.

You are 100% correct. The only thing is that some people prefer a clean install over an upgrade. Whether one can argue it actually makes a difference or not, it saves people the hassle buying it pre-installed.

If I remember correctly, Apple gives free OS X upgrades to people who purchased a Mac one month before the next OS X is released

This has tended to be the case in the past, but Apple hasn't promised anything of the sort just yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.