Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
I am looking for volunteers to help me make software for the Mac (duh) platform. This is going to be a company named Optical Universe, and we will be making open-source software. Any donations will be split evenly via PayPal. Please PM me along with a short (<15 line) description of your experience with software development.

Products wanted:

iComix (parses comics from comics.com and displays them) currently in alpha phase.

iSurf 1.5 (a web browser based on Shiira, I hope to include both 10.3 support AND RSS support, which will help gain publicity)

UniPlayer (Video/Audio player with playlists, CD & DVD burning, and support for QuickTime, WMV/WMA, OGG, Ogg Video, DIVX, and more as it becomes available)

--
I would also like to get someone who is interested in web design stuff and would be webmaster of the site.
--
If anyone would like to donate to this cause, please send a PayPal donation to xy1990@gmail.com.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
what kind of software are you wanting to develope

BTW i'm not a depeloper just a curious member lol

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
doucy2 said:
what kind of software are you wanting to develope

BTW i'm not a depeloper just a curious member lol

Right now I am focusing on creating UniPlayer and getting a limited beta version released, then I will try to get iSurf and iComix released. See first post for more info.

xy14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Minneapolis
Here's another post of what the top products will be.

1) UniPlayer (no, doesn't translate to español, lol) will be one of the first media players on the mac to support cd burning of not just QuickTime music files to CD, but WMA, OGG, etc. I will be including a j hymn-type program integrated with UniPlayer so that if you would like to burn more than 5 cds, you can! For more info, PM me.

2) iSurf web browser based on Shiira and will include RSS feeds, available on OS 10.3+.

3) iComix: I just released a limited alpha release, but can't seem to find it. It might be on my previous posts if you dare to look. It will be able to parse comics from comics.com and will eventually allow plugins and Comic playlists so that people can organize and collect more than just comics.com comics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.