Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MiriamMiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
Hi there,
Does anyone have a clue how to stop the following problem? I do not wish to use this me.com address and all my emails to this account are being affected. I have been in to see the Genius Bar and unfortunately this problem is still occurring.

I am also unable to work out how to access this me.com account in order to get rid of it :mad: so I would appreciate some ideas if you have them.

Help?

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:

Message-id:
<092fb42c28ba0b66d4d7d01050f2983f829.20131016160214@mail190.atl21.rsgsv.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:02:46 +0000
From: =?utf-8?Q?Jeff=20Goins=2C=20Writer?= <jeff@goinswriter.com>
To: =?utf-8?Q??= <uniquefrequencies@gmail.com>
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?My=20Best=20Tips=20on=20Writing?=

Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:

Recipient address: uniquefrequencies@me.com
Reason: Over quota

Original-recipient: rfc822;uniquefrequencies@me.com
Final-recipient: rfc822;uniquefrequencies@me.com
Action: failed

Thanks so much. I will have to make another appointment to see a genius but I thought perhaps someone might already know how to answer this. :confused:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hi there,
Does anyone have a clue how to stop the following problem? I do not wish to use this me.com address and all my emails to this account are being affected. ....
Is that your @me.com account? If it isn't, it's the owner's responsibility to clean up their account. All you can do is stop sending email there.

If it's your account and you don't want to use it, just stop using it. Otherwise you need to clean up the storage used.

MiriamMiles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2013
iCloud and me.com issue 'over quota'

Hi Bear,

Yes, it's my account. When the iCloud thing came about I thought I'd give it a try and I didn't realise until just a couple of weeks ago that whenever I send an email from my iPhone, it sends from either @me.com or @icloud.com and I don't get any other options. So it's been sending from here for a while I suppose.
Any idea how I can gain access to the @me.com account? I can't even remember how I ended up with it in the first place :D

Thanks!

Miriam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.