Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
United States
I snagged one 2 weeks ago and somehow seem to have placed two orders for a 64 Gb Gold 5S which is waiting to be picked up at Apple Store. I'm very happy with mine that I got already and certainly do not need two, but thought of buying it and selling it.

Problem is it's a Verizon new line on my family plan (so an additional 40 bucks plus fees per month) so how do I get the phone to sell and make a decent profit without paying an ETF? Should I pick it up and simply not open the box and return it next day and ask to buy it full price unlocked? Since I filled out everything online for in store pickup including payment method, did Apple charge me for it already anyway?

polzii

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I snagged one 2 weeks ago and somehow seem to have placed two orders for a 64 Gb Gold 5S which is waiting to be picked up at Apple Store. I'm very happy with mine that I got already and certainly do not need two, but thought of buying it and selling it.

Problem is it's a Verizon new line on my family plan (so an additional 40 bucks plus fees per month) so how do I get the phone to sell and make a decent profit without paying an ETF? Should I pick it up and simply not open the box and return it next day and ask to buy it full price unlocked? Since I filled out everything online for in store pickup including payment method, did Apple charge me for it already anyway?

Not worth the hassle and the extra money you'll pay for the line

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.