Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iceBringer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
mates i want to buy for myself 13-inch MacBook Pro MID (2012) exactly with Retina Display but i need to upgrade memory to 16Gb...

my question is CAN i upgrade 8Gb (2x4) default memory to 16Gb (2x8) and what memory will be best for that model.

Thank you in advance for your answers!!
I search web for that answer but didn't find normal answer for RETINA Displey edition!! For 13' not retina i know i can upgrade him but not so sure for retina display edition

And please excuse my bad English!!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
mates i want to buy for myself 13-inch MacBook Pro MID (2012) exactly with Retina Display but i need to upgrade memory to 16Gb...

my question is CAN i upgrade 8Gb (2x4) default memory to 16Gb (2x8) and what memory will be best for that model.

Thank you in advance for your answers!!
I search web for that answer but didn't find normal answer for RETINA Displey edition!! For 13' not retina i know i can upgrade him but not so sure for retina display edition

And please excuse my bad English!!
You cannot add RAM to a retina MBP after purchase, as the RAM is soldered to the logic board. You need to order it with the amount of RAM you want.

iceBringer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
thank you for answer mate !!
CheerZ

That's mean only non Retina Display can be upgraded!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.