Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fillilutten

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
I know it's not a particular new question/problem. But couldn't really find any good solution even though I googled.

I have been running a backup since 2008, from my iphone 3G, 4 and now today I received a new iphone 5. And because of my old backup and bad battery I have to try to run a fresh install. Most things are in the could - contacts, calendar etc. and don't have any app data that is really important.
So that leaves us 2 things - photos and messages. I could just save my photos on the computer and then sync that folder with my new install. It's not a perfect solution since I guess they will be placed in just a folder and Not in the camera roll and more important not in the new ios 7 overview? Is there a way to import these perfectly?
Same goes for messages. Found programs that can export and save to computer but to import them to a new device seems harder to find. How do I deal with these two problems?

Really hope this will fix the battery!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.