Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Plan to buy a 32GB iPad 5 but want to get it from Best Buy so I can get 18 months no interest financing. Typically has Best Buy had iPad's for sell on the same day the Apple Store has them?

famoussasjohn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2010
No guarantees, since Apple will get first crack at inventory. Acknowledging the iPhone 5s fiasco, inventory may be more tight than usual for these as well considering the leaks have shown gold, space gray and silver models will be coming. Best Buy may offer pre-orders, though their pre-order system is a lot different from what Apple would offer. It's essentially first come first serve for pre-orders at Best Buy.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
Plan to buy a 32GB iPad 5 but want to get it from Best Buy so I can get 18 months no interest financing. Typically has Best Buy had iPad's for sell on the same day the Apple Store has them?

That's exactly what I plan on doing. I'm hoping to get one on launch day. We won't know what Best Buy will do until on or after the 22nd.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
It has also been my plan, best buy is good for 0% financing. I also have a bunch of gift cards saved up. But, the temptation is there to wait a month or so and see about getting their open box returns. Had real good luck with my iPad 3 bought open box from Best Buy. They took $89 off the retail price and it had a small issue, but I had no problem going to an Apple Store and getting it swapped out for another iPad 3 that had no issues at all!

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
1 - It has not been officially announced.

2 - The date of sale has not been announced.

3 - The number of each type of Ipad has not been announced.

4 - If you need zippo interest rate, the.... oops, will leave that to your Father.

cxc273

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
When I purchased my iPad 3, which was the first Retina iPad, my local Best Buy did have it on launch day.

Since Best Buy is an official Apple retail partner, it's likely they'll have it on launch day. However, like the iPhone 5s launch, supplies may be constrained, so the exact color and storage option may not be available at your local store.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
When I purchased my iPad 3, which was the first Retina iPad, my local Best Buy did have it on launch day.

Since Best Buy is an official Apple retail partner, it's likely they'll have it on launch day. However, like the iPhone 5s launch, supplies may be constrained, so the exact color and storage option may not be available at your local store.

Generally we would see pictures of crates piled up in BB's back room, if they are available on launch day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.