Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi everyone, i'm looking for bumpers for my 5s space grey, but the two i've bought on the ebay are really big and make the iPhone ugly, besides they feel like cheap plastic on the hand. The truth is that they cost me less than 3 bucks. Could you recommend me a good bumper, as thin as possible? Around 20 bucks would be a reasonable price to pay.

Thanks in advance.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
My wife just ordered a spigen and I can let you know how it is once it arrives. Should take a litle over a week since it is not showing shipping time. Says ships mid october :rolleyes: If this case is nice I will be purchasing one for myself. I have the space gray and she has the gold.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-5s/iphone-5-case-neo-hybrid-ex-slim-metal.html

Ooh, I would love to know how slim this really is on the 5s... and would like to see if the gold matches the phone... thanks, please keep us posted! :)

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Ooh, I would love to know how slim this really is on the 5s... and would like to see if the gold matches the phone... thanks, please keep us posted! :)

Bought this Spigen bumper case for my wife's gold iphone 5S, she's been using it for five days, it's a perfect match.

BJ

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Does it affect Signal/Reception/Wifi?

No, not at all. I've used bumpers on my iPhone 5 for over a year without any issue, including this Spigen (in grey).

Do you have any photos of how it looks on the phone? Thickness, color match, etc? :) TIA

1660.jpg

1656.jpg

1654.jpg

1655.jpg

1662.jpg

BJ

bigsid05

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
The Caze ThinEdge is by FAR the best bumper. Very thin, semi-rigid, looks great on the phone.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
Just picked up the Power Support Flat Bumper in Metallic Red. Put a Carved ebony wood back skin on and I'm good to go. Love it!

Attachments

• DSCF0891.JPG
    DSCF0891.JPG
    815 KB · Views: 233
  • DSCF0892.JPG
    DSCF0892.JPG
    852.9 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF0893.JPG
    DSCF0893.JPG
    818.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF0894.JPG
    DSCF0894.JPG
    926.5 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCF0895.JPG
    DSCF0895.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 234

Krad3130

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Winter Park, FL
Awesome case

The case looks great on my wife's gold iphone 5s and I will be picking up one of these very shortly. I can take some pics tomorrow when my wife gets back from work.

The case fits very nicely, power and volume buttons work very well. Overall I feel I would be extremely happy using that case for myself. Right now I am sporting the zagg thin bumper and the spigen is WAY better of a case.

With that being said, I have a zagg bumper for sale if anyone interested �� $15 to anyone who wants it to put towards the purchase of the spigen case I want now lol ��

Last edited:

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
the thinnest iphone 5 bumper ive seen so far, has to be the Pinlo Blade edge 2: http://pinlo.com/e/products/116/Bladedge II.html

dont expect much, if any drop protection at all tho.

I have the above too in black. It's okay. A bit cheap and goes on rough.

Got it off this site: http://mimeusa.com/product/halo-bumper-for-iphone-5/

It's the same as the Pinlo, for half as much.

PS Flat Bumper is nicer IMO. Sadly, I've had way too many cases, and I'm sure the PSFB won't be my last :)

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Thinnest iPhone 5s bumper?

I have the Spigen bumper in Dante Red. Hybrid Neo Ex Slim. 9.4mm thickness at bumper; phone thickness, 7.6mm, elsewhere.

They improved the fit so it doesn't slip off at all anymore. Wife has the Satin for white.

Best case. Looks amazing on black iphone 5 hasn't scratched phone. Had this and slate for 3 months

hequ9ysu.jpg

Last edited:

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
That looks like a copy of the Power Support Slim Frame bumper with different buttons to me.

The Spigen Neo Hybrid design came out with the IPhone 4 with the unique two separate piece design that was different than the original Apple bumper. It's design prevents scratching the phone.

It's vastly less expensive than the Power Support and available in more color combinations too. Both are of high quality.

It preceded the Power Support bumper and preserves the look of the original phone.

There are many variants available today.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
The Spigen Neo Hybrid design came out with the IPhone 4 with the unique two separate piece design that was different than the original Apple bumper. It's design prevents scratching the phone.

It's vastly less expensive than the Power Support and available in more color combinations too. Both are of high quality.

It preceded the Power Support bumper and preserves the look of the original phone.

There are many variants available today.
Yet they still use the same ugly grey plastic for the buttons since 2010.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.