Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Mac Pro 1,1 which I love and i have seen that some people on here have upgraded the firmware to 2,1 what does this achieve? Can someone give me some reasons to do it and how do i go about doing it.

Jake

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
If you won't be upgrading CPUs to Clovertowns, stay with your current firmware. After upgrade you won't be able to run AHT shipped with your machine in case if you'd need it.

Mnowell69

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2013
Bedford, UK
If you won't be upgrading CPUs to Clovertowns, stay with your current firmware. After upgrade you won't be able to run AHT shipped with your machine in case if you'd need it.

Well thats strange because i 'upgraded' my firmware and i can still use my AHT that came with my mac.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
Well thats strange because i 'upgraded' my firmware and i can still use my AHT that came with my mac.

I'm surprised that it works for you, but if you say so, I stand corrected.
Mine 4,1 after upgrading do 5,1 and CPU to Westmere doesn't want to. My second MP, 1,1 upped to 2,1, doesn't want to run ASD 3s108 (this version supports 1,1 but not 2,1) unless downgraded back to 1,1 firmware.

dextructor

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013
I won this MacPro 1,1 and I don't have the ATH cd to test, could anyone please upload this or indicate some site that has? Thanks!

dextructor

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2013

Thanks Daniel for the answer, I found this site yesterday but try to follow was very confusing since the terminal commands are general and not specifical> I was hoping to get the ATH cd from one member on this forum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.