Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Anyone know if either of these versions will be released on Tuesday by the iPad presentation? And if it will have a fix for the group texting?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Anyone know if either of these versions will be released on Tuesday by the iPad presentation? And if it will have a fix for the group texting?

What's wrong with group texting?

And the answer is that no one knows for sure when the update will come and what version it will be. History says we'll get an update of iOS with the new iPads.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
iOS 7.0.3 seems more likely at this point since it has been in testing for awhile supposedly and has not came out yet.

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
They need a fix for ALOT of things...Should at least be smoother than android...As of right now, my iphone 5 is just as jittery as my OLD android phones!

More often than not, my animations FPS drop considerably...Espcially when unlocking or returning to home. My screen rotation ALWAYS lags with LOW FPS. My friends 5s is no better.

If this is considered acceptable by Apple, then I'm willing to bet a lot will be trying out android soon.

I came to iphone and iOS because of how smooth it was...

Sad to see it turn into android with iOS 7.

Hoping to see an immediate fix.

Abba 701

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
What's wrong with group texting?

And the answer is that no one knows for sure when the update will come and what version it will be. History says we'll get an update of iOS with the new iPads.

I have an app Group SMS where sometimes it will send a text to over 100 people.and it's not working with ios 7 in general.but I heard a 7.0.3 or 7.1 might fix it

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I have an app Group SMS where sometimes it will send a text to over 100 people.and it's not working with ios 7 in general.but I heard a 7.0.3 or 7.1 might fix it

It's the apps problem not ios7. Until the developer makes it compatible w/ 7.0.2/.3 it won't work. Has nothing to do w/ iOS

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
Usually .x.y releases are bug fixes but with Mavericks about to be released with iCloud Keychain, they'll need to do an update for iOS which contains this. That'd suggest 7.1.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
They need a fix for ALOT of things...Should at least be smoother than android...As of right now, my iphone 5 is just as jittery as my OLD android phones!

More often than not, my animations FPS drop considerably...Espcially when unlocking or returning to home. My screen rotation ALWAYS lags with LOW FPS. My friends 5s is no better.

If this is considered acceptable by Apple, then I'm willing to bet a lot will be trying out android soon.

I came to iphone and iOS because of how smooth it was...

Sad to see it turn into android with iOS 7.

Hoping to see an immediate fix.

Your experience is not representative of normal performance. Remove all apps from your previously used app list and reset (reboot) your phone. Also, if it happens when you restore your phone as new and before you restore from a backup or install any apps then it might be a hardware problem.

Fission

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2013
Your experience is not representative of normal performance. Remove all apps from your previously used app list and reset (reboot) your phone. Also, if it happens when you restore your phone as new and before you restore from a backup or install any apps then it might be a hardware problem.

Thanks for the copy and paste bruh. Actually, from what I've read, it IS representative of many many people...But yea, Apple thanks you for coming to the defense...

I've set up as new 3 times now. I've watched a brand new iphone 5s also lag. It's apple.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
One thread about this whole predicting/speculating when there will be an update already got closed. Nuff said.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
this is only the first iteration of a whole new OS design the first time since iOS inception. It took 12 months to get the complete build of iOS 6 and it took 6 iterations of that iOS's design to get to its complete state. This is a lengthy process and weve only just begun. I am just excited for 7.1

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
I would not expect 7.1 until around March which is the usual time for a X.1 release

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I would not expect 7.1 until around March which is the usual time for a X.1 release
Might be the case, but might not be given that this is the first redesign and is thus not a usual OS upgrade.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US

Thanks for the copy and paste bruh. Actually, from what I've read, it IS representative of many many people...But yea, Apple thanks you for coming to the defense...

I've set up as new 3 times now. I've watched a brand new iphone 5s also lag. It's apple.

I politely stated it's not normal and sounds like a problem, and offered a suggestion to confirm that it's an Apple problem. I did not cut and paste and I do not see where I defended Apple. Mine doesn't do it and I've never seen one that does so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Can you get a video of it?

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013

Stop confusing long animations with lag, there's a difference. Tired of people mixing up the two. My 4s and 5 do not lag at all, rather the animations are extremely long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.