Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Having just returned from some "time-out", I would like to ask: when is Feral's F1 2013 Classic Edition going to be released? Thanks.

Last year, F1 2012 came out on 9/21 for Xbox, PS3, and PC. The Mac release did not show up until December 20th.

I would expect the sameish timeframe for this one, possilbly sooner or later depending on what the demand for the game was when it was released for Mac.

Mickael-E

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2014
[OS X] Release date for F1 2013 Classic Edition?

Any news on that release date yet?

the Feral site keeps saying coming out soon without any dates...

It's now mid february... they're taking the piss... F1 2014 will be coming out on other platforms before F1 2013 comes out on mac

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Cool!

Will it be up @ the MAS then too?

That's the plan. Please note if you want online multiplayer you need to buy a Steam key from Feral or on the Steam client. The MAS version does not support RaceNet or Online multiplayer.

Edwin

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Any knowledge about support for either racing wheels (fat chance?) or controllers like the Xbox or PS3?

Racing with a mouse and keyboard kinda…. well… kinda kills the adrenaline and the atmosphere. :p

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Any knowledge about support for either racing wheels (fat chance?) or controllers like the Xbox or PS3?

Racing with a mouse and keyboard kinda…. well… kinda kills the adrenaline and the atmosphere. :p

Just like every Feral game of the last 10 years we support wheels and gamepads :) F1 supports all HID compliant wheels that follow standard definitions (almost all of them) and about 150+ gamepads.

FYI Force Feedback is supported if your device has the right Mac drivers. Right now the only device with ForceFeedback support is the 360 pad. There are ways of taking Force Feedback from older Mac OS versions and adding it into Mavericks to allow Logitech wheels to have force feedback but we can't support this officially. It does work though. Our game is designed that if a device gets drivers in the future then the game will automatically pick up this and start using the Force Feedback in the game.

Edwin

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
That's the plan. Please note if you want online multiplayer you need to buy a Steam key from Feral or on the Steam client. The MAS version does not support RaceNet or Online multiplayer.

Edwin

Cheers for that!

I will probably only play single player mode and/or LAN multiplayer (that does work then?)

I love what you guys are doing!
- F1 2012
- GRiD
- Dirt 2
- Tomb Raider
.. all great games!

Can't wait for F1 2013, especially with "Classics". :)

You are seriously bringing gaming to the Mac.

luceo non uro

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013
Hi Ed,

just wondering if this game will be Steamplay, or do I need to buy again if I want it on Mac? I assume it's not Steamplay, as it just says 'Steam' on the pre-order page, but worth asking!

Grumpyman

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2013
if i get an Xbox one controller and download this game from the app store am i good to go?

i have a late 2013 15th rMBP with the dGPU

thanks

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
if i get an Xbox one controller and download this game from the app store am i good to go?

i have a late 2013 15th rMBP with the dGPU

thanks

Yes, you will need to have the unofficial drivers installed so the 360 pad activates that aside good to go. Mac AppStore has NO online multiplayer that is a Steam only feature (due to limitations of Game Centre). LAN play is Mac PC on AppStore and Steam.

Edwin

Grumpyman

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2013
Yes, you will need to have the unofficial drivers installed so the 360 pad activates that aside good to go. Mac AppStore has NO online multiplayer that is a Steam only feature (due to limitations of Game Centre). LAN play is Mac PC on AppStore and Steam.

Edwin

Great thank you. I'm not interested in multiplayer anyway so may as well get it from the app store.

Should I get an Xbox 360 or an Xbox one controller? and do you know where i can get the unofficial drivers? I'm new to Mac so even if i google it i'm not certain i'm downloading from the right places yet.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina

Edwin

You say the Mac App Store version will have LAN multiplayer….. between Macs and PCs in the same LAN? Please say so! :D (I have a mixed Mac-PC household).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.