Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
Has anyone else felt that their iPad Mini seems so slow now compared to the new iPhone 5S after the iOS 7 update? Or is it just that difference of a 2 year old processor?

CJisohsocool

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
I don't think it's actually slower, I think all the animations being made to be slow makes you think that it's slower... If that makes sense lol

iAmirul

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
Singapore
Mine has been running great. No problems other than the usual iOS7 bugs/glitches that people have been reporting in the forum :cool:

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
iOS7 was built for the iPad 5 and the Mini 2.

When they rolled it out it sort of prematurely made the Mini 1 obsolete.

Technology and its march forward, the pace always seems to quicken.

midwestfisherma

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
S.E. Mich
I upgraded my Mini to 7 have have had absolutely no issues with it. It's just as smooth as it was on 6. I've seen absolutely no slowdown on mine. I don't see the Mini as obsolete in any way at this point.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I don't think it's actually slower, I think all the animations being made to be slow makes you think that it's slower... If that makes sense lol

I agree actually... I also think though that my 5S is just so fast that when I go back to my iPad mini it seems slow... Let alone my iPhone 4 which seems to be so laggy now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.