Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mudger

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2005
Hey I know that MS allows you to download some good templates for Resume's but Apple doesnt

can anyone reccomend some good templates

I am thinking about iWork but i dont know if they have a resume template

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
mudger said:
Hey I know that MS allows you to download some good templates for Resume's but Apple doesnt

can anyone reccomend some good templates

I am thinking about iWork but i dont know if they have a resume template
No, Microsoft does not allow you to download "some good templates for Resume's." Microsoft's resume templates are too ornate and not fit for professional employment applications. Get a good book of resumes, read it carefully, and follow the advice that you read. You may also find a good website for assistance in developing your resume. Do not make the mistake of believing that a resume is good because it's pretty.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
People (employers) who read resumes all day long can spot a template a mile a way, and it is never regarded as a good thing.

My honest advice is to no use a template at all, and just type it up in a classical and professional way.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
kingjr3 said:
I usually base my judgement on the content of the resume, not the layout.

Personally speaking, the only exception is when I've had to shortlist CVs for junior designers. Everything gets closely scrutinised then, sometimes mercilessly. :eek:

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Blue Velvet said:
Personally speaking, the only exception is when I've had to shortlist CVs for junior designers. Everything gets closely scrutinised then, sometimes mercilessly. :eek:

I guess it varies by industry. A designer probably shouldn't use a template, since they are supposed to be creative, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.