Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How will you get your new Retina Macbook Pro?

• Order online from Apple.com

Votes: 42 53.8%
  • Buy in person at an Apple store.

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Some other third party retailer.

Votes: 19 24.4%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
How will you plan to get your new retina Macbook Pro when it is announced and we get a solid date of release? Mind the grammatical non-parallelism of the third option. And yes, there is no option if you just don't plan to get one in the first place, feel free to voice that in the thread with a wink of a face or some other way. :D

Last edited:

Quu

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2007
Online from Apple.com I've always ordered my Apple notebooks this way as I usually change a few things in the build to order options which aren't available in-store.

Scott7975

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2013
Just to get an idea, how will you plan to get your new retina Macbook Pro when it is announced and we get a solid date of release? Mind the grammatical non-parallelism of the third option.

I have been waiting on this update for a new laptop. It all depends on the pricing and how bare bones the stores are. If I can get 16gb of ram and a 512 drive in the store then that's where I will be getting it from. If I have to special order that then I will get it online.

henry72

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2009
New Zealand
Apple Store because I like the store services and experience. Plus I can get an Apple bag :D

Also, it's a lot easier to swap out for a replacement if there is anything wrong with the unit!

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
A third party mostlikely. It saves me tax, which makes the computer cheaper than with the student discount. Also, BHPhoto usually offers half off on AppleCare.

i1280

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Best Buy. Have about $1600 in gift cards waiting for this. Just not sure how soon after the announcement will "other stores" get the new product?

Anyone have an idea?

that1guyy

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2011
Will order a custom one from Apple.com and choose to pick it up in an Apple store. It's fun to go in there to pick things up rather than it arriving on your door step.

Petulka

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2010
If it's aviable in our third party wannabe apple store before 3.11 I'm getting it with 12% discount else I'm ordering from apple with education discount.

chakdey

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2008
Probably from amazon or macmall, no sales tax, free shipping plus additional 5% cashback with my discover card :D

kidnaper

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2010
If the default options for the high end 13" include 16gb of ram and 256 ssd ill buy from amazon with no tax. If 16gb is an option, or they somehow add a quad core i7 as an option(not holding my breath) I'm ordering online from apple.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
If the default options for the high end 13" include 16gb of ram and 256 ssd ill buy from amazon with no tax. If 16gb is an option, or they somehow add a quad core i7 as an option(not holding my breath) I'm ordering online from apple.

The no sales tax from Amazon ends at the end of October, correct?

I sure hope the 13" Haswell rMBP has at 16GB of RAM BTO option.

PFKMan23

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2012
I guess I should have added that given that I'm in CA, my ability to avoid sales tax is a bit trickier, so I guess depending on what the options and specs are, I might be able to order from B&H or some place like that. But I'm not exactly hopeful.

Last edited:

OMGwtfBBQwings

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
anyone know if I can walk in at the apple be store in covent garden or regents street in London and pick up a base model one on first or second day of release?

Donsig

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2013
Going for a hird party reseller, as we don't have any Apple stores around here. And I won't order online, as it will be easier to get the store to repair/replace the unit if it breaks. (Mainly concerned about this as it's going to be my first ever mac.)

Livewings

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
How will you plan to get your new retina Macbook Pro when it is announced and we get a solid date of release? Mind the grammatical non-parallelism of the third option. And yes, there is no option if you just don't plan to get one in the first place, feel free to voice that in the thread with a wink of a face or some other way. :D

Singapore does not have an actual official Apple store so I'm ordering online.
It's a pity I can't experience the magic.

sarakn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2013
Mine will be BTO - maxxed out RAM and SSD - so it will have to be shipped. I think I'll pick up in store though as I'm buying other things. Extra power adapter, time machine, ipad, and a few more accessories.

Greene1123

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2013
Online. I ain't walking out of the Providence place Apple store with a $2000 machine in a bright white Apple bag

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.