Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

punkmofo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Just started getting this message the other day (using an official cable) and now my phone won't charge at all. Anyone else having this problem?

punkmofo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
It's the cable that came with the phone, and it doesn't seem to make a difference in which order I plug it in.

Last edited:

punkmofo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Yes, that's' s what I'm thinking. I was just wondering if this was a widespread problem with the 5S or just a faulty cable. I was planning on getting a 3rd party cable, but it seems they've built in something to prevent that now.

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
havent had this issue with the cord apple provided. Bought a 3rd party one off amazon but it is certified by apple so it works.

But i also bought a cheap one to see if it would work. It does work but warns me that it wont work. i click ok then it works fine....so far

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
The last few days I've been getting the same message with my apple cable, but it only seems to pop up once the phone is fully charged, and once I unplug it, it works fine again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.