Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
So I have my bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard paired with my iPad 3 and I put the iPad 3 on my tablet stand. The tablet is site some distance away from me.

It is very annoying that you cannot navigate with keyboard. For example: If I am reading a long documents, I want use my arrow key to scroll down. I also wish we could use command+tab to flip through applications.

It is just very annoying each time I need to do something, I need to touch the screen.

I really do hope Apple can consider this when lots of people using keyboard cover or using keyboard to do some productive works (plus it is very covenant when I need use Numbers to do some work while I need look up some references. Command + Tab switch between apps is much easier than to double tap home key).

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
So I have my bluetooth Apple wireless keyboard paired with my iPad 3 and I put the iPad 3 on my tablet stand. The tablet is site some distance away from me.

It is very annoying that you cannot navigate with keyboard. For example: If I am reading a long documents, I want use my arrow key to scroll down. I also wish we could use command+tab to flip through applications.

It is just very annoying each time I need to do something, I need to touch the screen.

I really do hope Apple can consider this when lots of people using keyboard cover or using keyboard to do some productive works (plus it is very covenant when I need use Numbers to do some work while I need look up some references. Command + Tab switch between apps is much easier than to double tap home key).

A bluetooth keyboard is just an alternative to the onscreen keyboard. Since you cannot navigate the iPad with the onscreen keyboard I don't see why you would be able to with a physical keyboard either.

Can anyone with a Windows RT Tablet confirm if it allows you to navigate it with the keyboard?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A bluetooth keyboard is just an alternative to the onscreen keyboard. Since you cannot navigate the iPad with the onscreen keyboard I don't see why you would be able to with a physical keyboard either.

Can anyone with a Windows RT Tablet confirm if it allows you to navigate it with the keyboard?
As I recall with a keyboard like that you can make use of things like key shortcuts of copy/cut/paste similar to what you can do on a regular OS X. So it wouldn't really be all that strange if navigation using arrow keys was supported.

SakuraSuki

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013

I have tried with surface... You can use keyboard cover just like you would I with other PC...Windows 8.1 and new type cover for new Surface touchpad also support some gesture...

Better yet, Windows tablet fully support mouse... You can really turn these Windows tablet into productivity machine.

I really wish we could do same with iPad... iPad is fantastic device with great hardware and app support. If it can become productiative device, I can see it replace transitional PC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.