Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wchangch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
I got my new iPhone 5s today. Opened the box, powered it on, and went through the setup steps. When completed I went on to turn on the battery percentage and noticed there was 25 mins do usage and slightly over 2 hours of standby time in "TIME SINCE LAST FULL CHARGE." Is this normal for a brand new iPhone? Everything does look new and the box was indeed in the plastic wrap when I picked it up from Apple store. I doubt it was a returned unit as I don't think Apple store would plastic wrap it and sell it as new if it was previously used. I'd admit it bugs me a bit as I keep thinking what gives then. Has anyone seen this on your phone when you first opened it? The phone was already with iOS 7.0.2 right out of box too.

Lyshen

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
California
Pretty normal.

They perform testing on the iPhone at the factory when it's made. A whole lot, QA stuff.

Plus I just got mine yesterday, on 7.0.2 and it had about 15 usage and 90 min of standby time when opened and setup as a new phone without restoring.

If a phone is opened, Apple Store will not resell it. If it's returned as a open box item, the system requires it to be returned.

wchangch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Pretty normal.

They perform testing on the iPhone at the factory when it's made. A whole lot, QA stuff.

Plus I just got mine yesterday, on 7.0.2 and it had about 15 usage and 90 min of standby time when opened and setup as a new phone without restoring.

If a phone is opened, Apple Store will not resell it. If it's returned as a open box item, the system requires it to be returned.

Lyshen, thank you so much for the info! That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Now I feel good and can move on to enjoying my new toy!!

Lyshen

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
California
Lyshen, thank you so much for the info! That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Now I feel good and can move on to enjoying my new toy!!

Sure no problem. Go enjoy the phone :)

I know I am, downgraded from a 5 to 4 and now to 5s, wow what a world of difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.