Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
So i went last night to go get a different color for my case Clarendon Apple store in VA. Walked in, told the apple guy that i'm going to get a different case and i want to check the cases first. while i check the cases, there's this pretty cool dude who asked me about my case, he was like "is that the actual case, how does it hold up"... i told him that its pretty good, i just want a new case LOL. then he showed me his broken 5S lol.. it was jacked up, bent up and broken screen. he was a marine and while waiting for his genius guy to assist him, we talked about his experiences. Pretty good guy, a person i would grab a drink with or whatnot.

so anyways, got my case replaced, the complimentary from Apple. they initially asked for a receipt but they can't pull it out cuz i guess it was FREE LOL. but the apple guy was like "well you can just get this, like a swap with no way of tracking it no receipt no nothing" so i said yea that's cool.. I walked out with no questions asked.

so i walked outa there with a new case, and i hope the dude got his replacement.

nearpass

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2010
Finger Lakes, NY
So i went last night to go get a different color for my case Clarendon Apple store in VA. Walked in, told the apple guy that i'm going to get a different case and i want to check the cases first. while i check the cases, there's this pretty cool dude who asked me about my case, he was like "is that the actual case, how does it hold up"... i told him that its pretty good, i just want a new case LOL. then he showed me his broken 5S lol.. it was jacked up, bent up and broken screen. he was a marine and while waiting for his genius guy to assist him, we talked about his experiences. Pretty good guy, a person i would grab a drink with or whatnot.

so anyways, got my case replaced, the complimentary from Apple. they initially asked for a receipt but they can't pull it out cuz i guess it was FREE LOL. but the apple guy was like "well you can just get this, like a swap with no way of tracking it no receipt no nothing" so i said yea that's cool.. I walked out with no questions asked.

so i walked outa there with a new case, and i hope the dude got his replacement.

Not sure I get the point of this at all!

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
yea since i noticed an influx of apple store bashing lately and i figured i chime in with a breath of fresh air. :cool:

mizzouxc

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
Everyone should think it should be an honor to talk to a Marine who fought to keep this country safe. Glad apple took care of you as well. Ignore these fools who are posting stupid remarks.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Everyone should think it should be an honor to talk to a Marine who fought to keep this country safe. Glad apple took care of you as well. Ignore these fools who are posting stupid remarks.

THIS.. i lol'ed at all the comments tho. :D. if i got his number, heck i would take him out.. bwuahaha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.