Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giovanni

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2002
manhattan
and they base it on Apple inventory, where they notice, for example, that all PM are 4-6 weeks, including the Servers. So, they conclude that major announcement are due for the PM as well.

For me one thing is for sure: the more rumors about new stuff, the more I get excited - and I like it that way :) However, in reality, I am afraid Apple is just way behind the curve, hardware wise, and one Macworld will not change that !

richard5mith

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2002
Well I just checked on the online Apple Store and it's quite happy to ship me both an iMac within 1-3 days and a Powermac same day (bottom level systems with no customisation).

So where are they getting 4-6 weeks from?

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Re: 4-6 weeks

Originally posted by Rooster41
4-6 weeks of inventory in the sales channel, not shipped in 4-6 weeks.

Well if inventory levels are at 4-6 weeks (I dunno if that's true or not) then by all accounts as stated by CFO Fred Anderson at the past quarterly report then that is where channel levels should be so I dunno what the big deal is.

Dave

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Apple won't release pMacs at the expo. So don't expect any. They will be released a few weeks after like they have been doing and did last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.