Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Old Oct 22, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1
The Mercurian
macrumors 6502

Dragon Dictate on 10.9

Anyone upgraded to 10.9 with Dragon Dictate 3 running ? Will it run under Mavericks ?
The Mercurian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:35 PM   #2
E6hsnbn
macrumors newbie

It does not. I continue to get messages that accessibility needs to be enabled in system preferences. When I open system preferences I get on of two messages: could not load security and privacy preference pane or accessibility cannot be enabled on an Intel Mac. Pretty frustrated.

----------

What is potentially more damaging is wag I just experienced as a handicapped user: preferences error. Can't open accessibility preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel-based Mac. What the heck!!!!!
E6hsnbn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:46 PM   #3
The Mercurian
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by E6hsnbn View Post
It does not. I continue to get messages that accessibility needs to be enabled in system preferences. When I open system preferences I get on of two messages: could not load security and privacy preference pane or accessibility cannot be enabled on an Intel Mac. Pretty frustrated.

----------

What is potentially more damaging is wag I just experienced as a handicapped user: preferences error. Can't open accessibility preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel-based Mac. What the heck!!!!!
Hey the preferences have moved
See the bottom of this thread - some guy says it works:
http://nuance-community.custhelp.com/posts/1adfd3d947
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4
The Mercurian
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by E6hsnbn View Post

----------

did you get it to work ?
Works for me
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:27 AM   #5
Patricia Ravit
macrumors newbie

using 10.9 with Dragon Dictate 3.0 .3

I am dictating this response with Dragon Dictate 3.0 .3, using OS 10.9.

Go to system preferences click on security and privacy, click on accessibility, click on the padlock in the bottom left-hand corner of the window and enter your admin password. Then put a check next to Dragon Dictate enclosed system preference. Dragon Dictate seems to work very well, but I have not checked all of the commands. Hope this helps.
Patricia
Patricia Ravit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X Mavericks (10.9)