Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan884

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I broke my iphone 5 screen awhile ago at first it was just cracked and i could live with it but then it got lines across it and started randomly tapping things. So i got a new iphone awhile ago cause i had a upgrade but i cant stand not having my jailbreak(it came with 6.1.4). So i either want to swap my good iphones screen or buy this ebay one, i just need to know if its any good? Heres the link. ITS NOT JUST THE GLASS http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Iphon...h-Digitizer-Screen-Assembly-USA-/271249428365

scotrinaf

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Blountville, TN
I broke my iphone 5 screen awhile ago at first it was just cracked and i could live with it but then it got lines across it and started randomly tapping things. So i got a new iphone awhile ago cause i had a upgrade but i cant stand not having my jailbreak(it came with 6.1.4). So i either want to swap my good iphones screen or buy this ebay one, i just need to know if its any good? Heres the link. ITS NOT JUST THE GLASS http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Iphon...h-Digitizer-Screen-Assembly-USA-/271249428365

He has good feedback, you should be okay...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The feedback seems okay but it is just one of those things that may work out or may not.

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
I have purchased 100's of screens on ebay and yes they are fine the only quality issues I have ever seen never are actually a defect in the screen it's the colors are a little off from original mainly the black ones sometimes have a greyish tint and the most common issue is the glass around the home button has a little rise to it that you can fell when you press it.Some of these screen suppliers are actually using apple lcd and digitizer with aftermarket glass.With this one I would say your safe and I don't know your background with repairs but it's a extremely easy repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.