Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
All of the iPads on Apple.com seem to be white. It's like, iOS 7 is made for white

Point is: I like black, but they are making it tough

Last edited:

g35

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2007
^ LOL

I did a quick very pointless survey on my local Craigslist of resale values for 16GB iPad mini Wifis. Taking out the cheapest and most expensive, the first 10 results for each colour average $300 (the difference is negligible). I would have thought white would command more $ like with all iPhones except the 5.

I think that's a testament to how well-liked the black/slate colour of iPhone 5 and mini was. Somehow the only one to match white in resale value.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
White. Blends into the background. Emphasizes the light as air idea. Contrasts with Microsoft, Android, and Kindle. Iconic. And Bright (Apple's new thing with iOS7). I'm surprised they show black at all.

I'll be buying the Space Gray (silly name) myself. I'm not a bit interested in white. But, I can see why they don't show so many photos with space gray.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
White. Blends into the background. Emphasizes the light as air idea. Contrasts with Microsoft, Android, and Kindle. Iconic. And Bright (Apple's new thing with iOS7). I'm surprised they show black at all.

I'll be buying the Space Gray (silly name) myself. I'm not a bit interested in white. But, I can see why they don't show so many photos with space gray.

They could use darker backgrounds, with low light themes part of the a time

Maybe just a little? :D

Just that, when Apple latches on to this white thing, it can be a turn off after a while

mirz2000

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
US
I noticed this too. All the iPad PR stuff shows only white iPads where they used to seem to show white and black equally. Are they trying to sway people to buy white more, or is that just what people tend to prefer?

I prefer the black bezel, but the silver edges of the white look pretty classy.

zooby

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2008
Apple promotes white products not because of iOS7 but because white is Apple's signature color. I have gotten white Apple products for years because they were 'different' - if you saw a white phone or a white tablet, you knew it was an Apple. It made it fun and stand out from the rest of the black tablets. HOWEVER, I recently have gone back to black because I did find the white bezel to be a little distracting at times. It isn't terrible on my mini, but the screen definitely seems to blend better with the black. There is a small black border that can somewhat be seen with white iProducts. I do love the look of the white though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.