Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
Hello I have searched for this question but I have had no luck finding an answer. I am a noob when it comes to backing because i never really had to do it. I have 2 folders one with music and the other one with pictures both about 15-20 GB each. I plan on doing a clean install of mavericks and just wanted to keep those two folders. Any help with this will be appreciated, by the way I have no external HDD so maybe a partition?? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Hello I have searched for this question but I have had no luck finding an answer. I am a noob when it comes to backing because i never really had to do it. I have 2 folders one with music and the other one with pictures both about 15-20 GB each. I plan on doing a clean install of mavericks and just wanted to keep those two folders. Any help with this will be appreciated, by the way I have no external HDD so maybe a partition?? Thanks in advance!!
Do you really need to do a clean install? And yes you could copy those 2 folders to an external drive. And are you sure you won't lose anything else you need by doing a clean install?

Also is iCloud maybe an option or is 30 GB too much for that? thanks!
iCloud is not really an option.

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
I didn't have much info in my iMac that I needed to back up. I just made a separate partition and backed up about 60 GB of data that I didn't want to lose. I didn't have to do a fresh install but I wanted to. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.