Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Anybody expecting Apple to rush out an update in March just to add a button is dreaming. The only reason they had two Ipads in a year was to bring a lightning dock and better HD when they launched Ipad mini.

If they *did* big IF put an update out with Touch ID and an 8MP camera most Ipad 5 gen buyers would wait the full year for presumably Ipad 7th generation which would most likely offer a full update like A8, Pre loaded with IOS8 and rumoured smart keyboards and new glass technology or larger sizes.

But I don't think for one second Apple will do that. March will be Iwatch/Apple tv. WWDC in the summer IOS8 and September and October Ipad and Iphone time. :D

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
The way iPads are going. There ain't gojng to be any updates in 6 months. It's wishful thinking.

Even if wishes came though the update will only be a spec update and not a design update.

The new iPads just were announced and you want to think about the next round? Why?

Either get it now. Or wait and wait.

If you want or need an iPad now. Buy it (if u can afford it).

If you don't need an iPad. Than skip if.

It's not that hard of a decision.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
The way iPads are going. There ain't gojng to be any updates in 6 months. It's wishful thinking.

Even if wishes came though the update will only be a spec update and not a design update.

The new iPads just were announced and you want to think about the next round? Why?

Either get it now. Or wait and wait.

If you want or need an iPad now. Buy it (if u can afford it).

If you don't need an iPad. Than skip if.

It's not that hard of a decision.

I think the Iphone needs bigger updates than Ipad. I mean all you use a tablet for is maybe gaming, browsing and reading which it will do better in a smaller case. It's a great update.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Yeah, it's weird how, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary - 3x12 month cycles, all the iPhones (4->4S being even longer) and ONE 6 month cycle - there's supposedly a new iPad twice yearly now, tsk.

A little too much time at the analyst crack pipe (who very rarely know anything more than an average, level headed forumgoer) methinks, students of history these people are not.

That said, I could conceive of a new sku, a massive iPad with a massive price tag, appearing at an odd time, but even that's borderline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.