Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I've owned every iPhone from the first one all the way through the 5. I got bored with iOS and jumped ship to Android with a Nexus 4. Poor quality apps and a horrible camera. I used a family member's upgrade and traded in my Nexus and actually got my 5s for a $60 profit, lol! The speed is great, the display is beautiful, and I love the fingerprint scanner. Plus I have all my great apps back. The camera such an improvement over the Nexus it's not even funny. Very happy with this phone. Anyone else jumped ship to Android and came back to iPhone with the 5s and iOS7?

iphone joe

Suspended
Feb 10, 2011
NY
I did for the same reason as the op. I cant understand what people like about Droid phones, I had the galaxy and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever had and it cost more then the iPhone.

daviddcmd

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2010
I did for the same reason as the op. I cant understand what people like about Droid phones, I had the galaxy and it was the biggest piece of crap I ever had and it cost more then the iPhone.

You and the OP choose the wrong phones. Did you look at the HTC One or the Moto X? Or the Nokia 1020 for that matter.

Also not exactly apples to apples. The Nexus 4 unlocked is priced less than half of an Iphone 5C or S.

Scorpion008

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2013
You and the OP choose the wrong phones. Did you look at the HTC One or the Moto X? Or the Nokia 1020 for that matter.

Also not exactly apples to apples. The Nexus 4 unlocked is priced less than half of an Iphone 5C or S.

If you want to compare Apples to Apples while maintaining a droid mindset, compare using a 5S and a mini, by using both as phones.

Wide opeN

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2010
Georgia
I'm just coming back after being gone since July of 2012.

The lack of Optimization was beginning to take it's toll on me.

Had the HTC 1X, SG3 and finally the SG4, all great phones in their own right, but that "I just want to get ish" done feeling started creeping back in me recently.

I've finally come to realize, that it just depends on what mood you're in, concerning Apple and Android.

When iPhone 5 dropped, I was bored out of my mind and just had to go and see what the world offered. However, after seeing the world (switching to Android) and the release of iOS7, I figured it was time to take the plunge again.

I know and already miss some of the features from Android (in principal anyway), but the desire to just get ish done, and a Optimized experience, simply overuled the benefits of Android.

Superior Apps, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apwtwenty

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
I came from an S4. now I have a 5s.

I've had all iPhones since the original too.

switched to android twice total. always came back :)

had the s4 for about 5 months

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003

Yes I looked at both and both are very good handsets. In the end, it was my investment in apps and the productivity that brought me back to the iPhone. Yes the Nexus unlocked was half the price, but I also think it's half the phone of an iPhone 5 or 5s.

To the guy that said original story, I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not. I didn't search the forums lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.