Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
It is finally here AND free as always. They get ya with the IAP's, but this game is worth paying $20 for, so the IAP's are worth it IMO. I love this game, especially using a PS3 wireless controller on my Nexus 7².

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madfingergames.deadtrigger2

By the way, if you had an account with Mad fingers on Dead Trigger, it transfers over to the new game. No need to deregister.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-47-11.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-47-11.png
    434.9 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-41-10.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-41-10.png
    978 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-46-39.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-46-39.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-46-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-46-19.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-47-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-23-16-47-06.png
    369 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
WOW, they are getting trashed for making it an iOS exclusive.

I don't know why. The first PvZ was awesome, but I tried this new one a while ago on iOS and thought it was 'meh' at best. Just reminded me of Super Mario World with the whole having to move through various 'time' levels. I played for about a day and haven't bothered since.

And not sure why anyone would whine about it being exclusive to Apple first. If Google really wanted it for Android, I'm sure they could have spent the cash (or make the deal) that Apple did for exclusivity. Personally, I think Apple got the worse end of the deal anyway.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
I imagine the reviews won't have any major impact on download numbers for a major release like this.

It has an average of 4.5 stars even with the trash reviews.

It's taking a little time to get used to the game, and I had to turn off the auto-settings since I use a wireless PS3 controller (and don't need the game firing and reloading for me - but can see how that feature will be good for people just using a phone or tablet), but the only thing that I find kinda crappy is having to wait for items you buy (or earn) OR pay 1 gold piece to get it instantly. I understand why they want to get as much IAP'ing as possible, but not a fan of the time wasting bit if you are out of gold to buy things now. I already paid for the item for christs sake, now they want you to pay more on top of that to get it now. cheesy.

On the plus side, the graphics are better and they incorporated the COD: Zombies build barriers to keep the zombies at bay concept. Shooting is more accurate. Headshots now actually put a zombie down in one shot, where as in Dead Trigger it may take several to the head (given a similar weapon).

I also like the autosave game feature. Dead Trigger 1 had it, but you had to manually update to save to the cloud. Now, it just does it. Nice!

Assault

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 19, 2013
in the taint
How do you connect a wireless ps3 controller ?

Unrooted then you can not. You have to plug your ps3 controller in to the Nex7 with a normal otg USB cable.

If you are rooted, then download the Sixaxis app, pair your ps3 controller and start playing.

The nice thing about all Mad finger games is built in gamepad support. Which means setting the controls up in the game as you want. Dear Trigger, Shadow gun and others.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Does signing into the account you had for the first game bring over money and gold that you had?

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Does signing into the account you had for the first game bring over money and gold that you had?

Nope. Gotta start from scratch on weapons, money and gold. The first missions are to rescue people that help you to build weapons, meds and allow for upgrades. This wouldn't translate over very well if you already had tons of cash and gold.

NuggetSauce

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2012
Ya it's definitely a gorgeous game, and the control scheme works great. I love that you can focus on aiming and not have to mess with a trigger button.

So far, the IAP doesn't seem necessary to enjoy the game.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
A little follow up on the game after putting some time in on it. On the Nexus 7 (2013, pure stock ROM and kernel), the game is smooth and graphics are awesome. My video below doesn't do it justice.

I really like the game, but the having to wait for hours and days for upgrades and weapons to finish is a PIA. Sure, you can pay gold up front, but the only way to get gold is to buy it or get it free through installing other apps, signing up for pure crap or watching infomercials.

Regardless, the game is fun and there are lots of Call of Duty elements added in, to include firing a 50cal from helo's, sniper missions, building up doorways with wood to slow zombies down (a la Call of Duty: Zombies), and so on.

And the great thing is, Madfinger games still has built in game controller support. PS3 controllers work great!

Video gameplay 2.5 minutes in length:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
They made a good decision to make shooting automatic. It makes controlling and moving the game so much more enjoyable. Definitely how FPS games should control on touchscreens going forward.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
Another zombie fad game lol.

Try kingdom rush and kingdom rush frontiers instead (both out on android yay). Much more fun.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Another zombie fad game lol.

Try kingdom rush and kingdom rush frontiers instead (both out on android yay). Much more fun.

Considering Dead Trigger 1 came out a year and a half ago and was really the #1 FPS of 2012, with Modern Combat 3 a close 2nd, I wouldn't call the game a "fad" game. It is a really well put together game (regardless of the premise of the game), and unlike Modern Combat, it includes gamepad support 'built-in'. <- That last part is huge for someone like me. I gotta have my sixaxis controller to enjoy games like this or racing games like Asphalt 8.

I simply prefer realistic and graphically intense FPS/racing games over the less-graphic intense or cartoonish looking games (although they are fun too and very enjoyable-don't take my comments as a dig), but this is just a difference in personal taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.