Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B1ueB1aze

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Hi,

I have upgraded my MacBook Air 13" mid-2013 model to 10.9. It seems like the battery life is a lot less then 10.8 was. What could be causing this? I thought 10.9 was supposed to increase battery life.

B1ueB1aze

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
I did an SMC reset, and that seems to have done the trick. The battery levels seem to have returned to normal.

guitarman777

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
Orlando, FL
I did an SMC reset, and that seems to have done the trick. The battery levels seem to have returned to normal.

This worked for me as well. I was having trouble with charging (it was taking for-freakin'-ever), plus a few websites I use regularly for work weren't loading up properly. Did the SMC, now everything's gravy. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

billsjellybean

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2014
Batteries draining after two days

How do you do an SMC reseat? My batteries are draining or I am getting a low battery message every two days. Using Duracell Quantum batteries.
Have 10.9.3

billsjellybean

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2014
Battery life poor

I found out how to do the SMC and did it. Put in new batteries in my keyboard. We'll see how long they last now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.