Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mixart

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I will only use it for content creation like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Muse and Edge Animate. No video rendering!

I was thinking about the base 2.0Ghz 15" Macbook Pro Retina with 256GB SSD og 16GB memory. Right now I have a PC with Sandy Bridge 3.4Ghz, 128GB M4 Crucial, HD4000 only and 8GB memory.

Will this be a good upgrade for my Sandy Bridge PC or should I upgrade the CPU with 2,3 or 2,6Ghz? What about the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or are Iris Pro good enough for my needs?

Aylan

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2013
Boston
I will only use it for content creation like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Muse and Edge Animate. No video rendering!

I was thinking about the base 2.0Ghz 15" Macbook Pro Retina with 256GB SSD og 16GB memory. Right now I have a PC with Sandy Bridge 3.4Ghz, 128GB M4 Crucial, HD4000 only and 8GB memory.

Will this be a good upgrade for my Sandy Bridge PC or should I upgrade the CPU with 2,3 or 2,6Ghz? What about the NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M or are Iris Pro good enough for my needs?

Base config will be more than sufficient for your needs. For your uses you will not need the dGPU. I personally would not bother with the CPU upgrades, too expensive for just max frequency increases. It will be significantly better than your current Sandy Bridge setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.