Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
Only way for me to remember those passwords, are typing them from time to time.
Otherway I can't access those mailboxes from other computers or devices.

Any way to get that "Remember this password in my keychain" box back to uncheck it?

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Only way for me to remember those passwords, are typing them from time to time.
Otherway I can't access those mailboxes from other computers or devices.

Any way to get that "Remember this password in my keychain" box back to uncheck it?

You should be able to go to /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and delete the saved entry. (Try searching for the "imap" or "pop" string.) Then the next time Mail tries to check mail, it will ask for your password again. Don't check the "remember" checkbox, and you should be all set.

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
You should be able to go to /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access and delete the saved entry. (Try searching for the "imap" or "pop" string.) Then the next time Mail tries to check mail, it will ask for your password again. Don't check the "remember" checkbox, and you should be all set.
There is no box to uncheck in my Maverick's Mail (v7.0).
I do get the window, which asks the password though. After I have answered once, it never asks again.

If you and others have this box, maybe I should trash Mail's prefs?

Last edited:

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I get the checkbox in Mavericks. I was speaking from experience with Mountain Lion and earlier. I'm guessing this means the checkbox was removed from Mavericks' Mail. That's a bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.