Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Every time I go to the apple store, I see an "Update" button next to Software Update. When I click Update, it instantly turns grey and says "Installed". I believe I installed this a few days ago as well.

However, even with no updates available, there's still a number 1 next to the App Store badge. I don't have any updates available. How do I get rid of this update notification badge?

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Every time I go to the apple store, I see an "Update" button next to Software Update. When I click Update, it instantly turns grey and says "Installed". I believe I installed this a few days ago as well.

However, even with no updates available, there's still a number 1 next to the App Store badge. I don't have any updates available. How do I get rid of this update notification badge?

Bump. Anyone have any idea here?

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
I've ran into this a few times the last couple of days. In one instance just closing the app store app completely and opening it again fixed it, in another I had to uninstall Xcode and re-install it.

I also had Pages not think it was installed but a reboot cleared that up.

altjx

macrumors member
Original poster
May 12, 2010
I've ran into this a few times the last couple of days. In one instance just closing the app store app completely and opening it again fixed it, in another I had to uninstall Xcode and re-install it.

I also had Pages not think it was installed but a reboot cleared that up.

Ah cool. I have Xcode too so maybe I should give that a shot. I appreciate your feedback.

CemY

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2012
Hello,

try a reindex of your HD in spotlight.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.