Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The new Space Gray version of the non-Retina Display iPad mini has begun appearing in Apple retail stores, according to 9to5Mac. The color change was announced alongside the the debut of the iPad mini with Retina Display at Apple's media event on Tuesday.
ipadminispacegray.png

Although the new color is available in select Apple Stores, the tablet is reportedly not yet available in all of the retail stores. The model, which only comes with 16GB, has been available in Apple's website since Tuesday, but it was previously unknown when it would appear in its retail locations.

The new Space Gray color replaces the older iPad mini's slate black color and starts at $299 for the Wi-Fi version and $429 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular variation.

Article Link: Non-Retina Space Gray iPad Mini Starts Appearing in Apple Retail Stores

Last edited:

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Man that 'Space' Grey colour is awesome!

I really do hope they bring this out to their MacBook line. Mmmm Broadwell Space Grey rMBP 15" ... drools.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
The new Space Gray color replaces the older iPad mini's slate black color and starts at $399 for the Wi-Fi version and $429 for the Wi-Fi + Cellular variation.

Hmm... That price doesn't seem right. Isn't it $299 for the non-retina iPad mini and $399 for the Retina iPad mini?

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Oh, I know! I'm in Canada too. Silly exchange rate!

I don't think it's just the exchange rate, it has been fluctuating for the past two years, sometimes going above US$ even.

They increased prices for all their products, iPhone 5c and S cost more here, same for now iPads. iPad Air starts at 519$ :mad:

monkor

macrumors regular
May 25, 2012
Thank you so much blackberry team. I was waiting this app. Its really great user friendly and smooth

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
On the iPhone it's not nearly as compelling as it is on an iPad. It's beautiful. I was all set to get a white iPad and now I'm having second thoughts.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
$400 for an A5 iPad 2
$300 for an A5 iPad mini

Only apple can get way with that

Get away with? No company gets away with anything, it is only because consumers are not made aware, consumers feel entitled to buy, own and feel good by these gadgets but no one has the conviction to follow through with protesting their ridiculous behaviours. What do you all think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.